How to enable/set options for FFmpeg

shads

This is my first attempt at setting up a NAS / Media Server. I was able to successfully get the Beta PlexDVR working, but now I'm looking for a way to watch live TV.

I'm running FreeNAS 9.10.1-U4 and the HD HomeRun Extend.

I'm trying to install Emby for the first time and for the life of me I can't change the ffmpeg options.

# enable the lame option
# enable the ass subtitles option
# enable the opus subtitles option
# enable the x265 subtitles option

From /usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg I run: make config  

A GUI comes up and I can go through all the options, but I can't enable or put an "x" on any of them.

What is the trick here? Is there a file I could just edit and change?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

-Thanks!!!

woodsb02

If you installed emby through the official FreeNAS plugin, I suspect it already comes with the appropriate ffmpeg options enabled. Is that right @@josh4trunks ?

If you are actually installing emby via the ports system on a freenas, I wonder why you aren't using the plugin?

If you are installing emby on a FreeBSD system, then using the ports system to customise the ffmpeg package options indeed makes sense.

In the options menu (make config) use the up/down arrows to move to the option of interest, space bar to enable/disable, and then enter to accept the config. Then build and install the port with "make install". You probably want to clean up the build after with "make clean".

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html

If you installed emby through the official FreeNAS plugin, I suspect it already comes with the appropriate ffmpeg options enabled. Is that right @@josh4trunks ?

If you are actually installing emby via the ports system on a freenas, I wonder why you aren't using the plugin?

If you are installing emby on a FreeBSD system, then using the ports system to customise the ffmpeg package options indeed makes sense.

In the options menu (make config) use the up/down arrows to move to the option of interest, space bar to enable/disable, and then enter to accept the config. Then build and install the port with "make install". You probably want to clean up the build after with "make clean".

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html

As always, thanks for the info !