SERVER - redundant media item PLAY icon

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

When browsing media pages in 3 of the View modes (Banner, Poster, Thumb) we have a PLAY icon over each media items.

That's up to one hundred PLAY buttons per pages. On the other hand, the 3 other View modes (List, Poster Cards and Thumb Cards) do not show the PLAY icon. Hovering over an item, we're getting a different PLAY icon (before context menu, Watched and favorites)

Just wondering whats the use of having PLAY buttons displayed all over when, should one want to play something, will need to hover over the item anyway and get another PLAY icon. Plus it blocks lower right part of the poster, and often part of the poster title.

In fact, I am wondering if the only differences between Poster/Poster Card and Thumb/Thumb Card is the extra PLAY button?

If so, isn't it heavily redundant?

EDIT: just notice by having 2 windows opened side by side, Poster Card has a footer with text title, year of release, context menu dots

Anything else I might have missed? After using Poster view for a week, I think I'm gonna switch to Poster Card view...

Thanks again for your great work

JLR

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

But if someone on a touch interface click on the media, he does get the PLAY button on the very next detail screen anyway.

When I use my phone, I'm all thumbs and would probably hit play by accident more often than on purpose. I prefer getting the details first, If I'm not sure I want to listen to that, I have not started streaming content for nothing.

I guess its a personal preference thing...