"Latest Music" question

vmcosco

vmcosco

If an album is played completely (played from start to finish), is it removed from the "Latest Music" section in the Music/Suggestions view?

Just asking because my "Latest Music" does not match my Albums when sorted by Descending, Date Added.

Edited by vmcosco

FrostByte

Not on my system.  With the option "Hide watched content from latest media" set movies disappear after watching, but music albums don't honor the setting it seems.  Sort of wish there was an option for music

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

vmcosco

Not on my system.  With the option "Hide watched content from latest media" set movies disappear after watching, but music albums don't honor the setting it seems.  Sort of wish there was an option for music

So then I guess my question is: Why doesn't my Latest Albums section match with my Albums being sorted Descending, Date Added?

It's not intended for played albums to removed.

And yes, latest albums do sort that way but it's based on the songs within, but the album itself.

vmcosco

It's not intended for played albums to removed.

And yes, latest albums do sort that way but it's based on the songs within, but the album itself.

ok. But why do the two not match up for me?  I verified that the added dates of the songs match the added dates of the albums.  I attached screenshots of what I am talking about.

582e00c1d8889_Albumsbydecendingaddeddate

582e02348a108_latestalbums.png

Edited by vmcosco

Sorting the albums by added is looking at the album itself, so that's something we should reconcile so that they match up.

vmcosco

Sorting the albums by added is looking at the album itself, so that's something we should reconcile so that they match up.

But the songs in Lady Gaga - Joanne, for example,  were just added 3 days ago.  The songs in Gregory Porter - Be Good were added 14 days ago.  Why would Lady Gaga not show on Latest?

vmcosco

Try comparing the date created timestamps of the audio files.

Using the same two albums:

Lady Gaga - Joanne all files are "created" on 11/13/2016

Gregory Porter - Be Good all files are "created: on 11/1/2016

vmcosco

Make sure it's date created that you're checking because windows explorer by default shows date modified.

Verified that those are the "created" dates.  Modified dates are 11/15 for Lady Gaga and 11/1 (yes, its the same as "created" date) for Gregory Porter

Edited by vmcosco

Happy2Play

Is that the same date as found in the "album.nfo" date added field?

vmcosco

Is that the same date as found in the "album.nfo" date added field?

Yes, for both albums the Date Created file stamp matches the Date Added line in the album.nfo

Try using the metadata manager to look at the date added value for each of the songs in the albums. that's the value that it's sorting on. if you spot a value that you think isincorrect, then we can try to look at how it got there.

vmcosco

Try using the metadata manager to look at the date added value for each of the songs in the albums. that's the value that it's sorting on. if you spot a value that you think isincorrect, then we can try to look at how it got there.

I ticked through all of the songs for albums that should be showing up in "Latest Music".  The latest music section seems to dependent on whether the album was listened to.  I know this was refuted earlier, but this is why I say that...

In my screenshot above, Gregory Porter - Be Good is the first album "Latest".  At the time of that screenshot, I had not yet listened to that album in its entirety.  Since then, I have listened to the full album and now Gregory Porter - Be Good is no longer showing in Latest Music.  Foo Fighters - St Cecelia (previously listed second) is now first. 

I am happy to do any testing you would like.  I am actually going to listen to one of the albums now just to see if it drops off of latest when it is done.

Edited by vmcosco

vmcosco

Just listened to Foo Fighters - St Cecilia which was listed on "Latest Music".  I can confirm that after listening to the whole album, it is no longer showing in "Latest Music".

I can also confirm that the "Latest Music" section is controlled by the "Hide watched content from latest media" setting.  I unchecked that box, and the "Latest Music" shows up as expected (matches Albums sorted by date added).  Is this the intended behavior?.

Also, interestingly, unchecking that box seemed to limit the albums showing up to 4 from the previous 7.

Edited by vmcosco

• 1 year later...
rnhbmf

Same here, Once listened to I wish the albums would NOT SHOW like watched movies. Even selected them all and marked them as listened too. Still there... 

That's not how most people expect a music library to operate so that's why we don't do that.

FrostByte

For people who only buy a couple CDs at a time maybe that would be great, but if you add a bunch of new albums you might want the ones you listened to to disappear so your other new albums show up.

It seems like there is a Display Setting for most other media types to hide after watching/listening except Music.  

• Like 1