DS213j - Emby crashes once per day.

Oconnor

Hello,

I run Emby Server on my DS213j and it keeps crashing once per day (at least) - I've noticed big usage of RAM and  CPU, or what I think is big usage. It can sometimes be at 30% and often at 80%++, ram is always high.

Any way to automate the process of restarting the service? From a python script from my windows computer or something like that?

Thank you!

Hi there, welcome ! We're very sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide the information requested in how to report a problem? Thanks !

Hello!

Sorry, I don't quite follow. Should I upload my server.txt logs? That I find via web interface --> Dashboard --> logs? 

seems like I forgot to send the support log, I also did that now, I was told to include this:

sendlogs_EiriksHA_synology_armada370_213j_20161117T224601UTC.tgz  

solabc16

Hi @

I've had a look at the logs, from an SSH session, can you run the following and reply back with the output:-

ls -l /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/sync14.db

- James

Hi @

I've had a look at the logs, from an SSH session, can you run the following and reply back with the output:-

ls -l /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/sync14.db

- James

Hello again James, and thanks for taking a look!

"-rw-r--r-- 1 (maybe L?) embysvr users 36864 sep 26 17:59 /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/sync14.db

solabc16

Thanks @, I just wanted to eliminate something which we've (very) occasionally seen before causing similiar issues.

When did you last experience a crash?

- James

I've made a python script that notifies me if the server is down now - and it's been a few days. 2 or 3! 

It usually happens when I am not using Emby at all - during the night for example. 

I've also noticed recently an error when synchronizing  with kodi - can't recall the exact error but thread sync exit or something like that, with a long error that looks like a URL.

I do not think these are connected as the kodi error has just began and it's been crashing for a good amount of time before that.

solabc16

Hello @

From looking at the logs, there are three settings I'd like you to change, to see if it changes the behaviour:-

1) Manage Server -> Advanced -> Untick Enable automatic port mapping

2) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA Play To

3) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA server

* Remember to hit the save button after making the changes, then restart the server.

This is more elimination at this stage, based on what I'm seeing happen in the logs.

The next time the server crashes, can you run the send logs utility again and post the file reference here.

- James

Hello @

From looking at the logs, there are three settings I'd like you to change, to see if it changes the behaviour:-

1) Manage Server -> Advanced -> Untick Enable automatic port mapping

2) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA Play To

3) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA server

* Remember to hit the save button after making the changes, then restart the server.

This is more elimination at this stage, based on what I'm seeing happen in the logs.

The next time the server crashes, can you run the send logs utility again and post the file reference here.

- James

Okay great, thank you! I'll get right on that :) 

I will upload it the minute i notice it.

I've been thinking tho: Might this be because of the model I have? It's not really big on CPU and ram power. And when I use the emby website I can "feel" it's working quite hard. 

The ram and CPU usage of the machine seems kinda high to me, but I asked a question about it earlier and was told it was normal. 

Hello! The server crashed again, and here is the reference:

sendlogs_EiriksHA_synology_armada370_213j_20161128T190704UTC.tgz  

Sadly I did not get to do this before it crashed:

1) Manage Server -> Advanced -> Untick Enable automatic port mapping
2) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA Play To
3) Manage Server -> Extras -> DLNA -> Untick Enable DLNA server

So I am starting the service and doing that now! :)