Importing my movie ratings from IMDB csv

mkrbu50

I don't know if this was suggested before or if it even exists somewhere. As the title suggests, I want to import my movie ratings into my Emby instance. 

IMDB already has a feature available to export your own rating data into a csv, which is great. Importing the csv into a spreadsheet is nice and all but what happens when you introduce a plugin to import your data into your Emby Profile?

I'll tell you my idea: Not only Emby will include your rating as part of the movie metadata, but the plugin will give you an option to download metadata of all rated movies. and then give you a filter option to filter your views by movies with existing media in your library or just mere hollow metadata with no media.

The plugin will capture the date my rating took place as well, as the IMDB export contains this info as well. The plugin will allow importing data multiple times and will give options to overwrite existing ratings or only importing new ratings.

This can be made by linking IMDB IDs and theMovieDB IDs.

A plugin like this would be really cool for people who maintained their watch history and want to see the fruit of their labor in beloved Emby.

Of course I'm not a seasoned programer, so my contribution stops with these lines unless you want a cheering fan. I'm hoping that the idea finds approval and is picked up by some fabulous developer and put it into action.

I'm eager to here the thought of the good folks of this community. 

Edited by mkrbu50
  • Like 1