Port 8096

Deat69

I have been running Emby for a while, and it was working last time I checked, but now Apparently things can't connect to port 8096, I don't think its my router as it was working before.

Running:

i7-4790k

16gb of RAM

Any suggestiosn would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, welcome. Sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide more detail about what you're trying to do and exactly where you're encountering an issue? Thanks !

When I first set up the server, my friends could connect to it fine, and now the connection keeps timing out, The port is open in Windows Firewall, and it used to work so I don't think it can be my router.

PenkethBoy

has you external ip changed since you last had it working?

could be another app has grabbed the port - unlikely

how were your friends connecting to Emby?

how long ago are we talking?

have you checked your router to see if emby has ports forwarded and if so are they still correct?

basically it could be a lot of things - so if you could provide more info we might be able to help sort it out.

Could also be that the machine running the server had its IP address change so now your port-forwarding rule is incorrect.

You wouldn't fix it in the server.  You would have to fix it in your router port-forwarding rules.

I strongly suggest assigning a static IP to the server machine to lessen this in the future.

CBers

With our ISP, we don't have admin access to our own router, so I will have to call them tomorrow.

You can still use a DDNS address and have a small app running on your PC that will update the IP that your ISP assigns you.

You can still use a DDNS address and have a small app running on your PC that will update the IP that your ISP assigns you.

The IP change I was referring to was the server machine inside his network.

• Like 1

the-dumb1

We are all assuming that the Emby Server service is running. On the machine that is hosting Emby, browse to http://127.0.0.1:8096

If this works then jump onto another workstation on your network and attempt to access Emby using the address of that workstation (http://address:8096).

If you don't have control of the router, then I'm not sure how it ever worked unless you originally told your ISP what you needed--but if that were the case I am doubtful you'd be here asking for help. Lomg story short, start from inside then work your way out; I'll bet that the problem is internal.

Router uses UnPnP, also I am waiting for a friend to test a possible fix, I used to use plex so I am testing 8096 by switching Emby over to 32400 since I do not use Plex anymore but I know that port works.

the-dumb1

Router uses UnPnP, also I am waiting for a friend to test a possible fix, I used to use plex so I am testing 8096 by switching Emby over to 32400 since I do not use Plex anymore but I know that port works.

Did you confirm that you can access the server locally?