TV's own overlays stop playback

datikaa

Hi! I have a philips android tv (pfh6500 series) and whenever I want to use any of the TV's overlay (like screen settings to set screen to night mode or ambilight options) while Emby is playing something, it simply stops and exits from player.

Is this behavior intended, or is there any chance to get it fixed or get a work around (like a checkbox for it maybe)?

It would be good to not having to stop movie, set desired ambilight/screen setting, than restart movie. Also, I can't create custom screen settings to use with emby because of above mentioned problems. Any ideas?

Sounds like the TV settings are built in Android as well which means launching them is launching a separate Android activity which then pauses ours (and stops playback).

So, in short, no I don't think there is anything that can be done here.  Sorry.

• Like 1

Well, Then it's sound like a by design behavior, but I would like to point it out that it could be improved to support a bit more Android TV's stuff (like mentioned use cases and still running in background when home button pressed, kinda how Plex behaviors).

Possibly but, honestly, I've always been a bit baffled by the behavior of the Live Channels app of keeping the video going when you back out because there is absolutely no way to stop it at that point and if you start any other app, it quits anyway.

In fact, when I'm using that app, I always have to just start some random app to shut up the live feed :).

Hehe, your point is pretty valid :) still, it would be great not to restart movie every time I want a night mode, or even to use the tv with turned off display while having the movie running for just the audio. Love to fell asleep while listening to some comedy :) guess for that I gonna have to use Plex :D or make use of my coding skills and commit on android tv repo with magic for it :)