Subtitle Configuration - Once and for ALL

Karim

The Problem: Resize subtitle either on the web client or on XBoxOne through transcoding

I've gone through tons of post about subtitles with no use. The only thing I can configure is the .srt file it self. Is there an option for styled subtitles or and interface for subtitle size, color ..etc?

What is the default codec that is used by Emby client? I think if I could reach the encoding codec configuration then I can change the size and subtitle properties.

I'm currently run windows 7 and k-lite codec with all its vobsub, ffdshow, lav and more codex.

There really isn't a once and for all here because the answer is it always depends on what device you're playing from, what the device supports, whether transcoding is happening, etc.

I am planning on adding subtitle style settings to the web app soon.

• Like 1

Astonishing response time as always :)

So for a the PC web player, What is the current available way to change the subtitle settings? Where Emby getting the subtitle encoding? is it built in or it is using external codex that can be modified?

There is no way for you to change subtitle settings right now.

For the web player, it depends on the delivery method. If the text is rendered in the browser directly, then it is generally using the browser default subtitle presentation. Text based subs are almost always done this way.

If the subs are being burned in via transcoding, then it's up to ffmpeg on the server. This technique usually applies to graphical subtitles such as pgssub for example.