Catsrules

Is there a way to have the main menu screen for TV show suggest the next episode of a series your in the middle of, or make a shortcut to the season your on right from the menu?

I find it kind of tedious to have to dig though all of the TV content to find the next episode to watch. It would be really cool to just have Emby remember what episode was watched last suggest the next episode, or provide a quick link of the season of the series. 

Just to be clear this isn't when I am "binge" watching a TV series obviously I can just click the next arrow to go to the next episode. This is when I stop watching tv for the night and I want to continue where I left off the next night.  

Also since I am going to topic of menu, is there a way to make a time limit on how long shows appear in the continue watch or Resume category?  I am all for this category when I gotten interrupted during a show or just want to switch from upstairs TV to downstairs TV, but if I haven't continued watching the show within a week or two I am probably not going to watch it or need to start from the beginning anyways because I don't remember what is going on. As far as I can tell there is no way of removing the show from the list unless skip to the end. Many shows end up this way when I want to find a specific part of a show, and I end up searching through a few episodes.  

Catsrules

Hi, welcome. Haven't you seen the Next Up feature? Every Emby app has it.

Yes, but it never seams to keep track of where I am in the series. It seams to only suggest the latest episodes.  Maybe I just need to play around with it.

Catsrules

O hold on after a closer look it looks like I have a few episodes marked as watched on the last season, and that is where It was suggesting the next episodes to watch was. I have just started testing recording TV shows, so I have skimmed through the recording to make sure it was all there and it marked it as watched after I did that.

Now things are making sense, I was assuming Next Up was suggesting the latest recorded episode or something because on one series I am on season 4 and I am recording season 5. and it would always suggest things in season 5. Because there are a few episodes marked as watched when I was testing things.

So if I was ever going to rewatch a season or something I will need to clear all of the "watched" status on all of the episodes for the Next up to work correct?.