Joey 2 not working

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

I always use to play movies from my android app to my Dish Joey. Recently got the Joey 2 and it doesn't work any more. Turns the TV screen black and I have to restart the Joey to get live TV back.

• 1 month later...
Mopar_Mudder

Well I think that I found that any tv series that has a video background kinda messes things up.

Also I can not seem to play movies by DLNA from the joey or hopper either. I can see all my movie folders but they will not play, movies are stored in folder format.

Mopar_Mudder

I will get some more info for you, I know my post was a little vague. I just tried getting a movie going for my son last night and it wouldn't play and I didn't have time to trouble shoot it at the time. I will see what more I can find out.

Mopar_Mudder

I did some more testing and found that I can play DVD Folder Rips and MKV files but I can not play Blu Ray Folder Rips

Also something else strange, when I first opened Emby on the Joey I had cover art for the first few rows of movies and they were populating. I scrolled down past the last cover art picture and waited figuring it would catch up and fill in the cover, but it never did. I scrolled back to the top and the cover that were their were gone also and I have no cover art now.

I attached the logs

server-63618627593.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-dd832be1-dc21-497a-8fbb-6eb6c1b338dd.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-db9c5376-4a94-4dd3-b720-ab94ae295bf4.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-6f4c13bf-23ab-4f42-b21a-a9ad79b3ca2f.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-e9424553-c999-4986-9672-55a51a98e84e.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-68a78621-2de1-4b05-8a2c-030dd97ae384.txt

for the ones that won't play, try refreshing them from the detail screen of the web app, then see if that makes a difference. thanks.

Mopar_Mudder

I restarted the Hopper, restarted the PC running Emby, refreshed a movie from the web app. Don't know what good the refresh did as I don't use emby to get my meta data.

Now in the hopper I have no cover art and can't play anything. It doesn't even give the pop up to play or add to the play list.

New log attached

Log.txt

Mopar_Mudder

Also I can "play to" the Hopper using the Android App, just can't start the play back direct from the Hopper.

I can also play BluRay from Android app to the Hopper. But I have to refresh the movie in the app first?

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

@@Mopar_Mudder, you might have to refresh folder rips one time due to a defect in an older version of the server (plain video files are always simpler).

Anyway i do not have a joey for testing but I am making an adjustment based on what i see in the log so please try again with the next release of Emby Server. thanks !

Mopar_Mudder

Is their any way to make them all refresh with out doing them individually? Thanks for working on this.

Mopar_Mudder

Another thing I just found. Playing an .Avi file on the Hopper I can not do any fast forward or skip, only pause and play. If I send to Hopper with Android app the remote in the app all the controls are greyed out. If I start the video by going into the Emby server within the Hopper their is a fast forward available but it causes the video to stop and go back to the previous screen. Their is also a skip but that skips to the video in line.

If it requires transcoding then you may not be able to skip. Direct play content should skip just fine.

And keep in mind - since we're talking about bluray and dvd folder rips - transcoding of these is something we only consider experimental. It is very important to keep that in mind. To get the full experience with a folder rip, consider either converting it to a plain video file, or switching to an htpc app such as Emby for WMC that fully supports them.

Mopar_Mudder

Thank Luke. It is an avi file of a TV episode. Guess I did check to see if transcoding was needed for them. I am almost positive that on my original Hopper, have Hopper 3 now, I could FF using the remote in the Android app when playing to the Hopper, but I am not sure.

Edited by Mopar_Mudder