Specific episodes for a TV show (which is spread out on multiple HDDs) is only seen when selecting folder

imoryle

It's the show The Flash. I know the show's files/folder are a bit messy and spread out but I still don't get why Emby can't handle it.

The problematic library is "TV Shows - omensio"

• S1 & S2 of The Flash get added. They are on HDD1 under "The Flash (2014) folder. It's visible correctly under regular "TV Shows - omensio".
  • S3 gets added as "Season 3" and is only visible when selecting the "TV Shows - omensio" folder and not together with S1/S2. S3 is on HDD2 under "The Flash (2014) folder.
  • The episodes for S3 also gets added separately in the "TV Shows - omensio" folder.

I guess I could just fix it by putting everything in one folder but I can't I fix it without that? I get 4 instances of "Info App: Found duplicate path" for The Flash.

Debug log after media library scan: http://pastebin.com/Rj9wmybr

Edited by imoryle

Hi, what do the first structures look like and how are they configured in library setup? Screenshots would be very helpful. Thanks !

Hello,

I've moved all into one The Flash (2014) folder but it's still same issue.

Folders

The Flash (2014)\The Flash - Season 1

The Flash (2014)\The Flash - Season 2

and then season 3 episodes are added right in the folder The Flash (2014)

Library that's working correctly has "TV-series 1". "The Flash (2014)" and other folder are in that one.

"TV Shows - omensio" has it's own folder with shows that are added correctly and on top of that "TV-series 1\The Flash (2014)".

Maybe obvious but can one user only have a specific show added to 1 library? That's why when I add it to a 2nd one ("TV Shows - omensio" ) it only show up under folder view all messed up? But also, once again it decides to add the episodes from season 3 not just in a folder but outside of the folders too.

A bit offtopic but it's a bit very annoying Emby doesn't rename a season automatically to "Season X", instead it shows the folder name forcing me to edit it. It seem way too much work considering how much Emby does automatically otherwise.

E.g. a show that's be scraped:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

->Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Season 2

->Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Season 3

IMO it should be automatically named

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

->Season 2

->Season 3

Yes, I could name it "correctly" but why considering this doesn't cause scraping errors. Emby knows those episodes are S2 but still doesn't rename it. Kodi is a lot smarter. You put everything under "Show name" and it scrapes it all automatically naming the seasons correctly no matter what the actual subfolders are named.

Edited by imoryle

I guess you mean the "TV Shows - omensio" folder view

The Flash folders, only named "Season 1-3" instead of : 2AETMxv.png

The Flash S3 episodes: BVEboIw.png

Same user but folder view for a different libraray. The Flash is added correctly:

x0Dfqm0.png

Edited by imoryle

Not sure why a screenshot is needed.

Folder structure is:

D:\TV-Series 1->The Flash (2014)->The Flash - Season 1

D:\TV-Series 1->The Flash (2014)->The Flash - Season 2

And Season 3 episodes are added to the The Flash (2014) folder

D:\TV-series 1 is added to one library.

D:\TV-Series 1->The Flash (2014) is added to another library.

This is on same user.

Edited by imoryle

Basically, because a picture is worth a 1,000 words :).

Sometimes, we need to see something about the setup that you would never even think to convey.  Thanks.

OK from re-reading your posts:

D:\TV-series 1 is added to one library.
D:\TV-Series 1->The Flash (2014) is added to another library.

We do combine series that span multiple folders but only within the same Emby library.

hJ5qKQx.png

Okay, that picture does help :).

1 - Are you saying that you added the parent folder "TV Series 1" to one library and then also added the sub-folder of that "The Flash (2014)" to another library?

2 - I believe you will need to rename those season folders to just "Season 1" and "Season 2"

Okay, that picture does help :).

1 - Are you saying that you added the parent folder "TV Series 1" to one library and then also added the sub-folder of that "The Flash (2014)" to another library?

2 - I believe you will need to rename those season folders to just "Season 1" and "Season 2"

Yes.

That didn't help, it's still same issue. It seems a subfolder can't be added to libraries.

That didn't help, it's still same issue. It seems a subfolder can't be added to libraries.

I believe that is correct.  At least I know it used to be.

I believe that is correct.  At least I know it used to be.

That's a strange limitation.

I removed TV1 from library A and now "The Flash" (it's the blue ones) is scraped like this in library B in Folder view. In library view the difference is S3 episodes don't show up.

o1gjpib.png

Edited by imoryle