Incomplete Guide Data - Live TV/DVR - Schedules Direct

goku2k

There are huge swaths of missing data in the guide data. From what I've seen most channels have "some" data, however virtually every channel is incomplete during most times. I use the same schedules direct login/lineup for a test build of SageTV, and it does not have the missing guide data (I only mention this to illustrate that the SD info should be correct).

I am new to this community and this is a new build - so hopefully it is just something that I have overlooked.  :)

Also, something I didn't notice until I posted this topic - why is channel 712 out of order? (reference Guide_data_emby.png and Guide_data_emby2.png)

Thanks in advance!

post-167728-0-60003000-1478868995_thumb.png

post-167728-0-92986800-1478868999_thumb.png

Log.txt

post-167728-0-67978500-1478869246_thumb.png

Edited by goku2k
  • Like 1

Check your guide sorting options (that grid looking icon).

Ah, "Place favorite channels at the beginning" was checked - that explains 712 being out of order :) Thanks!

Any suggestions for the missing data?

Have you tried using the manual mapping function?

I've looked over the mapping - and it looks correct. Also, if the mapping was incorrect wouldn't there be a complete absence of data? not just incomplete/missing sections?

post-167728-0-56260700-1478884771_thumb.png

I tried changing zip-codes (to a nearby city that also has the same channel line up as my city), this too had the same results of large amounts of missing data. Is there anything that can be done? As mentioned in my original post, the same schedules direct lineup when used with sagetv does not have any missing data. This leads me to believe it is something with emby, or the way that emby is handling the data from SD.

Is there *ANYTHING* else I can try? I'm even willing to try a new/different OS install if that is what it takes. I really like the interface for android and xbox one, and would VERY much like to use this - but unless the guide is fully populated, I'm afraid it won't be a very useful dvr system.

kanipek

There are huge swaths of missing data in the guide data. From what I've seen most channels have "some" data, however virtually every channel is incomplete during most times. I use the same schedules direct login/lineup for a test build of SageTV, and it does not have the missing guide data (I only mention this to illustrate that the SD info should be correct).

I am new to this community and this is a new build - so hopefully it is just something that I have overlooked.  :)

Also, something I didn't notice until I posted this topic - why is channel 712 out of order? (reference Guide_data_emby.png and Guide_data_emby2.png)

Thanks in advance!

I am now seeing this exact behavior. I have just finished rebuilding my system. The guide was perfect until yesterday.  Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Odd thing is, it looks as if all the recordings are happening as scheduled.

Pleas help!

Thanks for reading, any and all help is appreciated.

I am looking into this. I will setup a test environment with your schedules direct lineup. first, just to confirm. Does the Emby user you're testing with have any parental control options set?

I am looking into this. I will setup a test environment with your schedules direct lineup. first, just to confirm. Does the Emby user you're testing with have any parental control options set?

Hi Luke,

There are no parental control options set for my user.

I updated my system (I'm running debian 8, so apt-get update && apt-get upgrade), after which emby-server would not load. I tried re-installing the beta release (apt-get remove emby-server-beta, apt-get install emby-server-beta), however emby-server would still not load. I then removed beta and re-installed the stable version (apt-get remove emby-server-beta, apt-get install emby-server). This allowed emby-server to load. I then performed a guide data refresh, after which the guide appears fully populated.

I would be willing to write this off purely ignorance on my part, had someone else not experienced the same symptoms of missing guide data. Are there any other logs that could be provided that would help identify what went wrong so that others can either avoid the issue I experienced, or if they do experience it - know what needs to be done to resolve?

It really bugs me when things just start working without understanding why they started working (I'm not complaining that it's working - rather that I would like to understand *WHY* it started working).

Thanks for the report. There are breaking changes in the beta channel we are still working out.

As far as any it is working, it could have been some intermittent schedules direct failure that would have cleared itself up over time via the guide refresh. That or some other setting that might be causing a conflict although parental control is all I can think of right now.