Library Scan stuck at 10%

nurgle

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with library scanning seemingly getting stuck at around 10%. Everything has been fine for a long time but all of a sudden library scans are not working so no new content is being added to my libraries even with real time monitoring turned on. I've attached a server log with debugging turned on. I've removed all plugins and turned off real time monitoring for now to see if a scan will complete but it just stays at 10.6%. I can't see anything in the log to point to the cause. If I try and stop the scan it doesn't, it just stays at stopping until I stop and start the emby service. The Mono process is also at 100% all the time while the scan is in process.

5825868426bf2_top.jpg

I've left it scanning for more than 24 hours and it doesn't seem to get any further. Is there any way to see what it's doing while it's scanning? Or anything else that might stop it from completing. I'm pulling my hair out, i don't really want to delete my libraries and start again if I can at all help it.

Many thanks,

Nurgle

server-63614450543.txt

Well after 24 hours of trying and failing, as soon as I post on the forum it finishes a scan. Sorry for wasting anyone's time!

OK well after a server restart it's hanging on library scan again, not adding anything new to the library. Stuck at 10.6% and process at 100% CPU again. I'm at a total loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by nurgle

Ive been having the same problem for about a month now

Library scanning starts and usually gets stuck at around 27%. Restarting doesnt solve the issue. The only thing thats been allowing scan to complete lately is when a new emby (docker) update comes out. After the upgrade to the new version library scan succeeds once. After that it gets stuck again...

There's an issue that's been identified with the library scan and music libraries causing it to get stuck, and this has been resolved for the next release of Emby Server. The workaround for now is disabling the music brainz metadata provider for albums and artists. Thanks.

I dont think thats the (only) cause of the problem. Ive disabled the provider you mentioned and it still gets stuck. I also dont have any music libraries in my collection

sualfred

If you have the Kodi QuickSync plugin enabled -> delete the Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.1.X.ldb in /var/lib/emby-server/data/SyncData/. 

Don't forget to restart emby afterwards.

I'm facing this issue sometimes and noticed that this file is causing the issue. 

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

Interesting, thanks for reporting back. Please also try again with the next release of Emby Server as the scan will be much lighter. Thanks !

sualfred

Interesting, thanks for reporting back. Please also try again with the next release of Emby Server as the scan will be much lighter. Thanks !

I'm just guessing, but I think it's a Kodi Krypton<->FastSync issue. Afaik Krypton has a lot of music DB changes and I assume that will trigger a "loop" somewhere. The music DB sync works at the first time but after some days it's causing the same issue again. Some other people reported that disabling the Emby music db in the plugin did the trick. In my case I simply deactivated the FastSync feature and everything is fine.

Everyone of us knows that Krypton is not officially supported, but since all major changes are done and the currently Betas are nearly a RC, everybody is switching to Krypton. 

Edited by sualfred

I agree there's something not quite right with the Emby for Kodi with music sync on Krypton. After 1st sync I've stopped syncing music altogether and it's speeded up no end otherwise it can take 20 minutes at a time instead of seconds.

I'm not sure this is a krypton specific problem. I'm running openelec (kodi v15.2 isengard) on my raspberry pi and I was getting the problem above

We try to avoid ETA's. The best way to help get it released faster would be to spin up a test environment and help report issues against the beta. Thanks !

sscheib

I updated to the latest beta release, however now its stuck at 10.9%.

Also I need to mention, that it continuously keeps requesting read access to various folders on my server (I'm currently running ACD (Amazon Cloud Drive) in debug mode, that's why I see it), but it doesn't go further on that library scan progress.

sscheib

Please always provide a complete server log. Thanks.

Couldn't find a way to attach a non image file, so I uploaded it to pastebin.

I turned debug logs on, but i can't see anything related to that issue.

http://pastebin.com/gSJb2uNL

I let it ran until now (which was around 15 minutes) and it was still stuck at 10.5%. Not other messages in the logfile besides that whatsoever

sscheib

I tried it with the latest version (ii  emby-server-beta                                                 3.1.242~beta-1733.1               all          Emby Server is a home media server.). Or do you mean the next beta?