Video Playback - Wrong Aspect Ratio

gcoupe
Go to solution Solved by ScottIsAFool,

Viktikus

Excelent, Great news, Thank you for resolving this issue. :)

But I'd also would like to have that aspectRatio button on the windows phone player as well, in order to have compleate controll over the troubled screensize thingy..

I have encountered a lot of materials where the actual video is all in wrong format (1.33:1 reso with 1.83:1 video), and user needs to manually strech the canvas.. Satellite TV world is full of this anomalies for instance

Edited by Viktikus

gcoupe

We've identified the problem and this will be fixed in the next release of the *server* not the WP app.

Um, is this supposed to have been corrected in Version 3.0.5238.39498? Because it hasn't.

I notice that now, when streaming is being set up, the string of green dots appears horizontally in portrait mode, whereas before they always appeared in landscape mode by default. However, on turning my phone to landscape mode, I still don't see the video in 16:9 ratio, but in the compressed form.

No, it's not. The fix went in just before the update and it hasn't had enough testing to be pushed out to the public. Next release.

• 3 months later...
Viktikus

I have finally take this system into "production" and I'm quite pleased... I'm streaming .ts Mpeg2 files from my DreamBox to Windows Phone 8.1 device and everything seems to be great. Ascpect Ratio detection works quite good, BUT there are cases when the F***** l****a**** TV operator transmits the video in a wrong format (16:9 instead of 4:3) so the source is all wrong.

? Can there be a AspectRatio selection button on the Videoplayer's control bar? like Stretch, fill, zoom and so on to prevent these situations.

:)

• 5 years later...

Hello,

Sorry to pic up this subject again but I'm experiencing same issue in my smart TV, other clients are OK (iPhone, web browser), but in TV client (LG WEB OS) is bad!!!! (Wrong Aspect Ratio).

My Server is running 4.3.1.0 version in Mac mini

There is any way to fix this behavior ??

Some taked pics below to compare:

5e44747003a48_Plex.jpg

5e4474dd1b9e7_emby.jpg

5e44750168aa7_emby_kodi.jpg

Any help, please ...

Thanks and Regards

Jaxwins

Untitled.rtf.zip

Edited by jaxwins

Hello,

Sorry to pic up this subject again but I'm experiencing same issue in my smart TV, other clients are OK (iPhone, web browser), but in TV client (LG WEB OS) is bad!!!! (Wrong Aspect Ratio).

My Server is running 4.3.1.0 version in Mac mini

There is any way to fix this behavior ??

Any help, please ...

Thanks and Regards

Jaxwins

Hi there @@jaxwins let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

Hello, good evening...

Any news from this subject?

Regards

Hi there, did  you see my previous response?

Hello, thanks for reply

What i understood was some info about de issue is missing ...
I completed my topic with more details...about the issue

Hello, thanks for reply

What i understood was some info about de issue is missing ...

I completed my topic with more details...about the issue

I'm having trouble reading that log file. Can you please attach it in it's original plain text format rather than rtf? Thanks.