Error recording Series

legallink

legallink

I am running Emby 3.0.8500 with an HDHomerun Prime, Emby Live TV, Schedules Direct as the EPG.

Lately, certain series are failing to be listed in the recording schedule and I have to select the episode for it to list it in the recording schedule (it's not consistent.).

Examples are attached.

Screenshot 2 shows 2 series that I am recording, they are both marked "New" and have the greyed out recording icon, as if it was not intended to be recorded, but the application is tracking the series.  (I have selected in the series options for that channel, at any time, only new episodes).

post-2681-0-48990800-1478796425_thumb.png

Screenshot 3 shows the 2 series after I have clicked in to the episode (on both of them) and clicked "Record this Episode").

post-2681-0-04687500-1478796426_thumb.png

Screenshot 4 shows after I have backed out of the EPG (after going through the previous 2 steps) and come back to the screen, and it indicates that it will record them correctly.post-2681-0-56747100-1478796426_thumb.png

And then after a few days, some of them will "unselect themselves" and some of them will remain selected.

post-2681-0-11139900-1478796425_thumb.png

post-2681-0-21159100-1478796427_thumb.png

legallink

As an update, it appears to reset everytime the computer is rebooted, and based on history then, most likely also (and this is probably the root), every time the guide is refreshed), which is why it would reset every day or two.

mellomade

I don't know if this is relevant or not to your case - but for the episodes that are not set to record (but marked as new) - check with zap2it to see if there is an episode number and show description for the particular episode you are having trouble with.  

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings

I have run into issues for a few series where the guide data will show that the episode is new but since it has no information on season/episode (yet) then it is missing from my scheduled list.  Some networks don't update that stuff until a few days before the episode airs - and depending on when your guide refreshes that can be an issue.

Yes if the guide refresh is not being run regularly, and if the program schedule changes, then the recording process won't be running with up to date information and that could cause some issues. 

legallink

Guide refreshes happen on a 12 hour basis.  I changed it to daily.  But when I click in, it shows an episode number and description.

Edited by legallink

Ok yea what's happening is your manual overrides are being lost when the guide data refreshes. That's something that we need to review for the future. But as far as why it wasn't set to record in the first place, what are the rest of the series options?

legallink

Here are screen shots from the series recording screen for 2 series. They include the settings, as well as list of episodes (and indicating that they are not being recorded, aka greyed out) but the episodes have an episode name, number, etc.

For your edification (if you don't follow these shows)

Current Season for The Odd Couple: Season 3

Current Season for  NCIS: Season 14

post-2681-0-07431700-1478874844_thumb.png

post-2681-0-35601500-1478874844_thumb.png

legallink

Just an additional note, this is a new problem since the new(ish) stable update.  I have not previously had this problem, and I've been using Live TV from Emby for at least 6 months now, if not a year.

Edited by legallink

mellomade

I would try removing the series and re-adding - but turn off 'Skip episodes that are already in my library' and change the airtime to 'Anytime'.  Then clean your database and refresh the guide.

• Like 1

legallink

Went through the recommended steps @@mellomade.  After first guide refresh, it seems to have worked.  Only difference in the sequence you recommended, was I cleaned the database and refreshed the guide before adding the new series (which is what I assumed you meant).  Fingers crossed, this solves the issue!

Thanks!