OT: Driving While Distracted

Yogi

This is what happens when you are not paying full attention while driving.The below pics are of my car that was parked on the side of the street.I had only parked literally 5 minutes before. I am just lucky I wasn't in it or getting out of it at the time.Who can really say what the other driver was doing at the time as there were no witnesses to the accident but both the police and myself have a fair idea. The other driver had to stop as his car was not roadworthy after this.

This happened in a 60kmh zone,so please pay full attention when at the wheel.

The feeling is this will be a write off as it has sheared away all the suspension underneath and moved the chassis a few inches. It was also lucky thre fuel tank wasn't split or it could have much worse.The impact literally moved the car about 4 feet from where it was originally.

Sorry just had to vent,it has been one of those days.

debsh.jpg  13ygtxv.jpg  mcyl9k.jpg

Cheesegeezer

Yogi ----- I share your frustration man, I'm so glad you are ok mate, as you say thing could have been a lot worse.

It just sucks that you now have to go thru the insurance rituals to get your car fixed/renewed to get back on the road again.

When all else fails...... have a beer :D 

Damn. They had to have been going fast to cause that amount of damage. I'm with you that no way their car got very far afterwards.

Yogi ----- I share your frustration man, I'm so glad you are ok mate, as you say thing could have been a lot worse.

It just sucks that you now have to go thru the insurance rituals to get your car fixed/renewed to get back on the road again.

When all else fails...... have a beer :D

I tell you mate I have had more than 1 beer today.And yeh I have already had 5 phone calls today to the insurance company,it is ok when they want your premiums but they really don't want to know you when you need to make a claim.

Damn. They had to have been going fast to cause that amount of damage. I'm with you that no way their car got very far afterwards.

Yeh me thinks it wa hit a little more than 60 kmh,but noone knows.

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

shaefurr

I agree with that, a few years back my wife got creamed in an intersection because someone wasnt paying attention and ran an obvious red light.

Hope you're ok and things work out better for you, I got screwed as we wern't at fault but the insurance totaled the car and only paid out 7k when we owed 10 since we didnt have GAP, so we owed on a dead car and had to get a crappy used one. 3 years ago and it still annoys me lol

52dfe1444af49_OurCar14.jpg

52dfe132d6a58_OurCar30.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

Sucks all around. Hope the insurance company comes around. When my wife was in an accident several years ago, our insurance company had everything set up within an hour after the tow truck left. Rental was picked up 30 minutes after that and the car was repaired four days later.