Question about my network

techywarrior
Go to solution Solved by techywarrior,

techywarrior

The last three movies I added (3.0.8500) only have partial metadata. All three are missing the same things, people, overview, budget, few other things. These are all major movies and looking at their TMDB or IMDB pages has the complete information.

The last set of movies I added were on 9/26 so I think that was like 3.0.8100 at which time all the metadata is correct.

I've tried refreshing the metadata and re-identifying them and always the same result. (the movies are identified fine as the metadata that is there is all correct. It's just that not all is there)

I always let the server upgrade to the latest stable versions when they are available and it typically will restart itself within a couple days of the release being pushed.

techywarrior

I'll get a full log once I restart so it's not filled with crap. Here is a snippet that may help in the meantime.

2016-11-09 11:13:40.7139 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:40.7139 Debug MediaEncoder: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
2016-11-09 11:13:40.8233 Debug MediaEncoder: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -i file:"\\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts" -map 0:v:0 -an -filter:v idet -frames:v 500 -an -f null /dev/null
2016-11-09 11:13:42.3546 Debug App: Running MovieNfoProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.3391 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.3704 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/241259?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2016-11-09 11:13:43.4954 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/241259?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8500.0
	Command line: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException
	The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
	   at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

2016-11-09 11:13:43.4954 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<GetMovieDbResponse>d__40.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMainResult>d__37.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__30.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__25.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.AggregateException
	The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-11-09 11:13:43.4954 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.5422 Debug App: Running BaseGenreCleaner for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.5422 Debug App: Running BaseStudioCleaner for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.5422 Debug App: StudioCleaner : Fetching Movie Generes
2016-11-09 11:13:43.6516 Debug ProviderManager: Saving \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts to Nfo.
2016-11-09 11:13:43.6829 Debug App: Saving \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) [tmdbid=241259]\ALICE_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS.m2ts to database.
2016-11-09 11:13:43.8704 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) [tmdbid=22538]\SCOTT_PILGRIM_VS._THE_WORLD.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:43.8704 Debug MediaEncoder: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffprobe.exe -i file:"\\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) [tmdbid=22538]\SCOTT_PILGRIM_VS._THE_WORLD.m2ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
2016-11-09 11:13:43.9798 Debug MediaEncoder: C:\Users\MB\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -i file:"\\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) [tmdbid=22538]\SCOTT_PILGRIM_VS._THE_WORLD.m2ts" -map 0:v:0 -an -filter:v idet -frames:v 500 -an -f null /dev/null
2016-11-09 11:13:44.8392 Debug App: Running MovieNfoProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) [tmdbid=22538]\SCOTT_PILGRIM_VS._THE_WORLD.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:44.8704 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for \\FILE-STORAGE\Movies\Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) [tmdbid=22538]\SCOTT_PILGRIM_VS._THE_WORLD.m2ts
2016-11-09 11:13:44.8704 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/22538?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2016-11-09 11:13:45.0111 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/22538?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
	*** Error Report ***
	System.AggregateException

2016-11-09 11:13:45.0111 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<GetMovieDbResponse>d__40.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMainResult>d__37.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__30.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__25.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.AggregateException

Happy2Play

I wonder why you would be the only one getting this error for TMDB?

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

techywarrior

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. And it's only recently (previous movie I added 3 weeks ago was fine). I feel like I added a movie more recently too (maybe 1-2 weeks and that was fine). Could be cooncidental but it started around the same time as 3.0.8300-8500 updates.

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

Great, I have no idea what is going on. I took the URL and pasted it into the browser. Says the SSL cert doesn't match the name. Cert shows as for fontshop.com

Go to another computer and it worked. Then later on that same computer it doesn't work and shows the certificate is for intra-mart.jp

Strangely enough in another browser on that same computer it does work! And on all 3 computers I tested with the main site (themoviedb.org certificate works fine).

WTF !?!?! Ugh.

Could be possible virus, malware or tampering with the system hosts file. I would check into those.

techywarrior

Well, it seems certain that this isn't an Emby issue which is good in a way.

So far hosts file is clean, no detected malware or viruses. DNS is fine and ignoring the certificate error provides the expected JSON data. Tested a few random other SSL sites and they were all fine. Also, the two sites whose certificates were showing up instead of the correct one appear to be legit companies.

Sort of stumped

• Solution
techywarrior

Solved... sort of.

After a lot of comparing between multiple computers on my own network, my phone with wifi turned off, and a neighbor on the same ISP as me, I think I may sort of know what is going on.

A lot of this is speculation because I have no way of verifying but doing an NS lookup on api.themoviedb.org returns 4 IP addresses. When I got the 23.... or 50... IP addresses as the primary it failed and gave me the SSL certificate error. When I got back one of the two 107... addresses it worked fine.

My guess is that either one/two of their servers is misconfigured, they moved and DNS is messed up (I would expect more people to have the issue if this was the case) or my local DNS server is messed up (I tried two different DNS services with the same result so I suspect not)

Forcing my machine to use one of the 107 IP addresses via updating the hosts file has solved my problem.

• Like 1