Seprate Collections per Movie Libary

bonhammerstorm

bonhammerstorm

Hi everyone,

Longtime user first time poster.

I think im posting in the right place, I hope so

Loving Emby I use it everyday, but I have one organisation quam.

I got a lot of movies/live events on multiple drives and i prefer to break it up into separate librarys because I find it simpler to navigate.

so here is my problem:

Lets say inside my anime library for example, I click on Genres or Studios, it only shows Genres and Studios of movies in the anime library. It will not show genres like "live concert" or studios like "legendary Pictures" because there are no movies in that library with those tags. Which is awesome it makes things way more compartmentalised.

But if I click on collections, it shows the collections from all library, regular movies concerts, UFC events, Anime and so on.

how would I make it where it shows only collections from the library im inside?

any help is appreciated.

(im using windows for my server if that matters)

Since there are no restrictions on what can be in a collection or where that item must reside, there is no way to show collections only inside a library - because that collection could contain items from anywhere.

Happy2Play

But if all items are from the same library, why can't the collection be restricted to that library (i.e. Auto Box set items)?  I understand Custom Collections as that media could technically be anywhere.

Auto box sets isn't limited to a single library either but the real answer to your question is performance.