Playback loops with server .8400 and .8500

rfritts
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Submitted from AndroidTV app at 10:13pm CST

Logged on as Ryan (emby connect user: rfritts)

Was playing That Mitchell and Webb Look Season 3 Episode 5, loops 30 second audio video, but timer on video doesnt reset  

Also Elementary Season 5 Episode 2 for wtv example

ffmpeg-transcode-d2d907e2-4114-4373-a76a-2d590b6d5a0b.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-bec362e1-efbd-427e-a6d1-3e11da7894d1.txt

server-63614153375.txt

Edited by rfritts

I think the app is just playing what it is being fed.  I did notice this in the ffmpeg log:

[mpeg4 @ 0000000002d30620] Video uses a non-standard and wasteful way to store B-frames ('packed B-frames'). Consider using the mpeg4_unpack_bframes bitstream filter without encoding but stream copy to fix it.
Past duration 0.999992 too large
    Last message repeated 260 times

What happens if you play the same item in another app that needs to transcode?

I think the app is just playing what it is being fed.  I did notice this in the ffmpeg log:

[mpeg4 @ 0000000002d30620] Video uses a non-standard and wasteful way to store B-frames ('packed B-frames'). Consider using the mpeg4_unpack_bframes bitstream filter without encoding but stream copy to fix it.
Past duration 0.999992 too large
    Last message repeated 260 times

What happens if you play the same item in another app that needs to transcode?

I was just able to verify on the web player remote - that it plays fine on web player, and is being transcoded.  Attached is ffmpeg log - i let it play for 3 minutes without issue

ffmpeg-transcode-854ad491-3c28-425c-8a60-211df44ddbea.txt

Don't have an android... IOS Mobile?

Well, still odd that all the WTV files no longer play (looping as well) - it was the second ffmpeg log - ffmpeg-transcode-bec362e1-efbd-427e-a6d1-3e11da7894d1.txt  

It didn't have that message in the logs - and WTVs were playing fine a little over a week ago

Going to roll back server and see if i can verify the specific version impact as well.

Edited by rfritts

• Solution

Unfortunately, iOS is going to transcode to the same format as the web client I think.

I can't tell exactly where this is falling down but, right now, it points to something maybe in the transcode.  Could be proven wrong on that but, at this point, I can't see how the app could be looping on its own.

• Like 1

well - rolled back and it worked... reapplied updates, and it works now?

Maybe just a corruption of a file on Server? i did note some disk errors in Event Viewer from 11/3 and 11/6