Subtitles completely off when resuming a video

Master of Tragedy

Master of Tragedy

When I start watching a movie my external .srt subtitles are used just fine.

When I stop it and resume it later on it seems the video jumps to the last stopped position but the subtitles do not.

This is very annoying and I have this for every video I try.

I'm using Emby on a QNAP TS-253Pro and playing the video in Safari on MacOS Sierra.

Is this a known problem? Everything else is working fine but subtitles are pretty much unusable which surprises me.

I'm currently testing Emby Premiere for a month to see if it can replace Plex for me.

Master of Tragedy

It seems they always start at the beginning, so they are as much off as the resume offset is.

The resume is also a bit strange. The video starts at the beginning for 2 seconds, then stops and jumps to the resume point and a few seconds later the video resumes correctly from there. Just not the subtitles.

Master of Tragedy

Ok, I've checked it again and the subtitles don't start from the beginning but are about 10 seconds earlier than the actual video.

This problem also exists immediately when I start a movie and reposition it right in the middle.

So no matter if it's a resume or some kind of skip, the subtitles are off as soon as I don't watch right from the beginning.

Master of Tragedy

Any news on this?

This is the only thing that is bothering me extremely. Even a short stop makes the rest of the video unwatchable because the subtitles are not in sync anymore.

No matter if I continue on the iPad or in the web browser.

Also on another note the video often stops about 1% before the end is reached which is extremely annoying with tv shows without any final credits.