Emby for Kodi and Kodi CD Ripping

dukejames

dukejames

When testing out Kodi ripping ability, although it worked, Emby could hardly identify any of the albums. Performing the same using Windows Media Player worked fine. The folder structure created between the two are slightly different.

Windows Media Player produces:

Artist -》Album-》Song Name

.nfo in the album folder

Kodi produces:

Artist -》"Artist - Album" -》"Track Number.Artist -Song Name"

.nfo in the album folder

Is the naming convention used by Kodi causing this issue? Is there a working solution for Kodi rips to work with Emby?

Deathsquirrel

I've never used the kodi cd ripper but I'd suggest looking at the resulting ID3 tags in the files.  Most MP3 identification issues people see are tag related rather than folder structure issues.

• Like 1

dukejames

AngelBlue05 - I started the process using Kodi because I want to test automaticing the process. Then I moved over to Windows Media Player. You're right, it's not about Kodi and I should've used a different title for my thread. My mistake. I originally used the link you provided as a guide, and it's the reason I provided the naming scheme and directory structure for reference. Unfortunately, it doesn't help.

Deathsquirrel - I did some reading about ID3 tags as I wasn't familiar with them. I searched through MusicBrainz, looked up the MusicBrainz Album ID and applied it. The cover does not get downloaded.

There is another post which matches my issue that I just found here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40969-unable-to-get-music-media-info/?hl=musicbrainz

I do find it interesting though that Windows Media Player is also not displaying the cover for some of these albums. I'll have to look elsewhere for this.

• Like 1