Emby Theater takes for ever to load

mattyg8

mattyg8

Love using Emby Theater! The issue I have for last month or so is that it takes for ever to load anything on the home screens.

I run emby theater on the pc that has emby server but sometimes I have to close the program a few times and reopen before it will load tv shows and movies. Most the time I either get a spinning circle or a blank page as shown

581c10bd1735a_pic2.png

I have attached the log

If I use the roku app in the bedroom it shows everything straight away.

theater-63613870231.txt

Guest asrequested

Mine sometimes takes a little bit to load, but it's because my drives are spinning up. I increased the time the drives stay spinning to 90 mins. Other than the first time I start ET, it makes a difference. Maybe Roku has a cache that it loads?

puithove

You're definitely going to want to post your FULL server log at the time when this happens.  The stuff that is loading is being pulled from the server.  If the server is functioning slowly, the stuff in ET will load slowly.  The server log has all the response performance metrics in it.

If it turns out that's what's going on, there may be some things you can do.  Obviously if your server's data is housed on an SSD drive it'll be faster.  Also, there have been some database performance improvements incrementally added through the past several versions.  Some of those require a fresh install though.

• Like 1