Some recorded shows play sound but not picture.

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

I've had a few recordings like this. I think what's happening is that is records a space at the beginning, so when you play it back, the filters aren't detecting picture and switch off. When I play using MadVR the tray icon doesn't appear but the file is playing the sound, perfectly. The last time this happened (a few days ago), I was going to slice off the beginning and share it. But the edit software didn't register the blank space and the resulting file, played perfectly. If I play it in another player, the blank is visible.

581c0cbabf913_Capture.gif

Edited by Doofus

bungee91

I can hear the audio, but don't get video.

Tried on two computers with Theater, also tried all video options (EVR, EVR+, MadVR) with the same results.

Server shows direct playing for this file, this was recorded with the built in Live Tv.

Same file plays fine with the Android app, also shows as direct play.

Freshly booted server log attached, it should show the file being accessed in ET, and then from Android.

If I need to submit a clip of the file itself, please let me know the easiest way to trim it and I'll post it.

Plays fine in VLC, I added an attachment from the codec info when playing.

EmbyServerLog.txt

post-131141-0-90230800-1478473694_thumb.png

Edited by bungee91

bungee91

So I trimmed the file to a 10 second clip using videoredo (I have no clue what I should use to do this), and the trimmed file plays back fine in Theater!

The codec info from VLC matches the original, so I'm uncertain why the original file doesn't play.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by bungee91

bungee91

That sure does sound similar, yes...

Weird thing is, why does another Emby app not have an issue with this blank space, but Windows filters do?

So I assume if I trim the beginning off and replace the file it should work as expected, correct?

If so, would you mind sharing the recommended easy/free (preferably) software for Windows to trim that off and save the recording so that it should then play in Theater?

Guest asrequested

That sure does sound similar, yes...

Weird thing is, why does another Emby app not have an issue with this blank space, but Windows filters do?

So I assume if I trim the beginning off and replace the file it should work as expected, correct?

If so, would you mind sharing the recommended easy/free (preferably) software for Windows to trim that off and save the recording so that it should then play in Theater?

Theater has it's own set of filters. It's what sets it apart from all the other apps. If you have videoredo, just open the file in it and save it, no need trim it. It'll fix it

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Do they play in windows media player? I'm guessing no based on the first post?

Yes they do. It plays in everything but ET. I only captured the first few seconds to show that it does start playing after the blank space. In ET, you just get the audio, no picture. I think when the file is probed, it finds no video and just plays the audio. I could share the video, but its 4.5 GB

Guest asrequested

Just did some testing. If I up the analysis time to 1700, they will play.

<NetworkStreamAnalysisDuration>1700</NetworkStreamAnalysisDuration>

Guest asrequested

While this works, I feel its more of a workaround than a solution. All other players are able to roll right over it. I think this should be the direction to go in. Greater fortitude when playing back media.

Is the audio stream the first thing in the container rather than the video stream?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

Is the audio stream the first thing in the container rather than the video stream?

581ff3f12b03b_Snapshot_353.jpg

Just did some testing. If I up the analysis time to 1700, they will play.

Thanks yea I think we will need to do this for certain containers like wtv and ts.

Its that delay relative to video. Notice the number is negative. So the audio starts before the video. This is probably causing that "blank" spot you mention. The framerate shown is also wacky sauce. Heh

Guest asrequested

The default is 1400. You're saying all it took was a bump to 1700?

Yeah. I increased it by 100 each time, and tested. It played when I hit 1700. But I think it depends on how big the blank is

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Its that delay relative to video. Notice the number is negative. So the audio starts before the video. This is probably causing that "blank" spot you mention. The framerate shown is also wacky sauce. Heh

I think when the tuner first fires up, it throws a bit of a fit. The other file I had this issue with had some frame/pixel errors at the start. Once you're passed those, it plays fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Luke, just a heads up. I've had few blank screens when starting live tv playback. I've increased my stream analysis to 2000. So far so good, but I'll keep you posted.