TV Show Title from thetvdbm.com

gaijin

Hello

I have a huge collection of the German TV show "Tatort". That is a show which has been running from 1970 to present. Thetvdb.com therefore has the seasons listed by the year, e.g. "Season 1970" for the first year season. I name the media file for each episode by hand and put it on the Emby server. I do not add or edit any other metadata but let Emby do this automatically. Unfortunately the title naming of this show on Emby is not consistent:

For the following file /TV/Tatort/Season 2012/Tatort - S2012E30 - 851 Das Wunder von Wolbeck HQ cut.mp4

when it is played I see the title "E30 - Tatort - S2012E30 - 851 Das Wunder von Wolbeck HQ cut".

The metadata manager shows me "Tatort - S2012E30 - 851 Das Wunder von Wolbeck HQ cut" for the title.

If I understand correctly everything after the second dash, i.e. "851 Das Wunder von Wolbeck HQ cut" should not be displayed in the title.

It works as expected with other episodes of the same series. For example:

For the following file /TV/Tatort/Season 2002/Tatort - S2002E10 - 499 Schlaraffenland HD cut.mp4

when it is played I see the title "E10 - Blum - 01 - Schlaraffenland ".

The metadata manager shows me "Blum - 01 - Schlaraffenland" for the title.

I could list more examples for both cases, ones that work as expected and ones that include information from the file name after the second dash.

It seems that the error (i.e. using information from the file name after the second dash) only occurs for newer episodes, i.e. later than Season 2002.

Do you have an idea (and maybe a fix) why this is the case?

Thanks very much!