The show indicators are too big

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

The indicators for new show, HD show etc, are too big. They block too much of the show name. In the example I'm posting, it blocks one show, completely. They need to be smaller.

581ace5d91699_Snapshot_350.jpg

It's too big in the web UI, also

581acfb88875e_Snapshot_351.jpg

Edited by Doofus

I think they just shouldn't be there at all so maybe the better answer is just to take them away (except for HD). You can't really make them any smaller or they will not be obvious enough. If you recall, the HD indicator in WMC was basically the same. The difference is WMC never tried to cram NEW or PREMIERE indicators into the program cells.

Guest asrequested

I think they just shouldn't be there at all so maybe the better answer is just to take them away (except for HD). You can't really make them any smaller or they will not be obvious enough. If you recall, the HD indicator in WMC was basically the same.

Comparing the guide in the web UI and ET, it appears that everything is bigger in ET. Maybe just scaling it down, so more can fit, would help? You can read the web, clearly.

The boxes seem large enough to place them on two lines, maybe place indicators above the show name. or switch to a color coding and make new shows green. Then make HD an optional display or stripe the colors with grey and green for HD New?

Cant you make them bands?

N

E

W

H

D

Vertical text rather than horizontal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Koleckai Silvestri

If the section is highlighted, couldn't you make it scroll? Or change the background for "new" content.

Just suggestions as I don't use the LiveTV functionality.

Guest asrequested

It seems to be mostly OK in the web UI. It all seems to fit much better. I think all that's needed is to make it the same in ET.

Guest asrequested

Here's a thought. I don't know if this is possible or if it is possible, how difficult would be to implement. BUT...what about a way for us to scale the UI to the amount that we choose? Like in chrome, where you can use ctrl + or - to zoom (scale) up or down. I know the standard is 10ft from the seating area, but some people are closer or further away, different sized screens etc. This would solve multiple issues. I think this would be fantastic if it could be done. And of course it would scale the text size in the guide, too.

Edited by Doofus

We recently eliminated the time display because it is redundant and makes the screen very busy - making it harder to concentrate on what you really want to see.

But two lines should be doable I would think.  That is what the Android TV app does:

581b77fd699b6_guide3.png

• Like 2