Collections not showing in groups for 3.0.307.0

hoopsoft

hoopsoft

I have three machines running 3.0.292.0 client and they all will show things that are in collections with a number over the folder and will group them together, my 3.0.307.0 client does not it shows all the movies in those folder separately.

I don't create the collections with emby, I use Media Center Master and always have, but its working fine on the other 3.

I have check that the options are all the same between both versions of clients.

The server is 3.0.

How, exactly, are you creating collections with MCM?  If you are using file structures, that is going to have limited support.

What is the full version number of your server?

hoopsoft

3.0.8400.0 but I didn't post this in the emby server area, I posted it in the emby for wmc, because its fine on 3 other clients so that tells me the server is ok, and I am using the same user name for all 4 clients.  Its only my 3.0.307.0 client.

I wished you guys did have an archive available I would just download a 3.0.292.0 client and try it.  

I create a top level folder say back to the future - then subfolders for 1,2 and 3.  Then I right click and say create collection then I fetch metadata in MCM, and that has always worked fine and still does except this one client. 3.0.307.0

I don't know what MCM does to "create a collection" but I suspect it is just creating a file structure which is no longer documented for us and does have limited support.

What happens if you use the web interface to create the collection instead?

hoopsoft

3 clients work (all on same version) 1 client doesn't  (new version).. its seems like its that client to me.

Let me change direction.

the emby server for wmc contains the server and client correct of the same version (I found an old server version in my downloads folder) Can I extract the client I need out of it?

Edited by hoopsoft

• 1 month later...
hoopsoft

The folder structure is already there, it doesn't change it and the web client shows everything to be correct.  Collections show up properly and I didn't have to manually create them.  It works fine on 3 other clients, just not the newer one.

MCM does put a collection.xml file and a folder.jpg and some backdrops (.jpg) in the root.

Here is what's in the collection.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Item>

<LocalTitle>Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Collection</LocalTitle>

<Type>BoxSet</Type>

<TMDbId>177467</TMDbId>

<Added>12/27/2016 2:56:31 AM</Added>

<Overview>Collection of the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs animation movies</Overview>

</Item>

Hi @@hoopsoft, please be aware, this feature is only supported with newer style collections built using the Emby web interface. The fact that the older style collections might be working in certain versions is mainly by accident. We are no longer testing them.