Emby Theater for XBox One - Non-Default Port Number

kforest2
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kforest2

It appears that you're unable to actually change the port number when attempting to add a new server that isn't using 8096. Since 8096 is pre-populated, it needs to be cleared out/deleted, but there is no way to move the cursor over to the right in order to delete the existing entry. You're supposed to be able to use the left and right shoulder buttons on the remote, but when you do that, it moves the focus over to the search icon (or other options along the top).

Any thoughts from devs on this? Or any ideas from the community on how to get the port changed on Emby Theater?

Thanks,

Yes I have seen this but I have not yet determined the cause. Suggestion for now would be to use emby connect.

kforest2

That's what I was afraid of what you'd say. I just wanted to raise awareness since I didn't see it posted anywhere on the forums, but I could have missed it.

Thanks Luke!

To be honest I think it is an issue in the xbox ui so we're probably going to have to try think of some way to hack it, and then wait for it to be properly resolved in a future Xbox update.

kforest2

Not sure if XBox has the ability, but can you have it setup to just highlight the text in that textbox on entry? This way you can just hit X to backspace out the whole selection. Random thought.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
smokey7722

I just tested an XBOX One and noticed this problem.  I don't run my server on the standard port and was unable to get the client to connect due to not being able to edit it.  Has there been any movement or anything I can do to help in fixing the issue?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...