Amazon HD8

egold

Hey guys,

My server is a bit old amd tricore 8 gigs of ram and 8tb of data.  The web client does stutter on win 10 either with fire fox or chrome and theater is certainly better. I found streaming to my amazon fire tv (non stick version) works the best. I have a older acer tablet 1 gig ram it's a quad core but not sure what speed but it's 3 + years old. I've always has trouble with emby. I get a lot of freezing from what i thought was poor wifi but the other day I realized if I keep the tablet in a up right position it streams fine. If I turn it or start it on it's side freezes all the time. Im not sure if the issue is with the tablet or the server. Transcoding is set to auto on both.

Im thinking of a amazon fire HD8 does anyone have any experience with the emby app and how it work on the HD8

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Hd8 last week for89.00. Its on sale next week for 59.00. Anyway envy works very well. No more freezing and the ff and rw actually works vs my older Acer tablet.

The build quality on the Acer is much better metal vs plastic. Way to many Amazon ads. You also have to use aps off there site not google play. Not all my aps are in amazon's app store. For 89.00 I'm very happy emby works so well. 59.00 next week will be even better.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk