Menu Item for Unwatched TV Series

dranderson402
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

dranderson402

I honestly do not know if this is a kodi for emby thing or a skin thing. So I apologize.

I'm looking for a way to add a menu item for unwatched tv series. Sort of like the menu option for unwatched movies. Under Movies there are 2 menu options, all and unwatched. But I do not see one or a way to make one for unwatched tv series. The only way I can do it is using the hide watched filter option in the skin but I would rather have both all and unwatched like movies has. Is there a way to do this?

I am running the kodi for emby plugin on spmc using the titan skin. All the latest stable versions.

• Solution
Angelblue05

You'll probably need to create a smart playlist and then point your home shortcut to it. So under videos > playlist > smart playlist. For tv shows, set one rule, play count is 0. Give your playlist a name.

Settings > appearance > skin settings > Find where it lets you modify home screen shortcuts. Point the action to playlist > playlist you just created.

CBers

I honestly do not know if this is a kodi for emby thing or a skin thing. So I apologize.

I'm looking for a way to add a menu item for unwatched tv series. Sort of like the menu option for unwatched movies. Under Movies there are 2 menu options, all and unwatched. But I do not see one or a way to make one for unwatched tv series. The only way I can do it is using the hide watched filter option in the skin but I would rather have both all and unwatched like movies has. Is there a way to do this?

I am running the kodi for emby plugin on spmc using the titan skin. All the latest stable versions.

Do you want In Progress TV Series, or Next Up TV episodes ??

I use the MIMIC skin and both options are available as a submenu.

dranderson402

You'll probably need to create a smart playlist and then point your home shortcut to it. So under videos > playlist > smart playlist. For tv shows, set one rule, play count is 0. Give your playlist a name.

Settings > appearance > skin settings > Find where it lets you modify home screen shortcuts. Point the action to playlist > playlist you just created.

Thanks, I will give this a try.

dranderson402

Do you want In Progress TV Series, or Next Up TV episodes ??

I use the MIMIC skin and both options are available as a submenu.

No, not the in progress or next up. I was just interested in a view like when using the hide watched filter. Problem with using the filter is if I want to see all watched and unwatched tv shows I have to turn the filter off. Thought it would be nice to have a submenu option. Also, in progress and next up only displays episodes from something I've started watching. If there was a new series I haven't started yet, those options don't show it.

dranderson402

I just did this on my test system and it worked perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

• Like 1