Scheduled recordings are blank

mjktg99

mjktg99

I cannot see any scheduled recordings.  IE, Chrome, Android, Ember..  I am using ServerWMC and on server Version 3.0.8400.0

The scheduled tab is just blank.  I can see recordings as they are happening and after they are recorded, just not the schedule.

5818ace299fc4_embyschedule.jpg

5818ad710f26d_wmcschedule.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Emby Server 3.0.8500.0  with ServerWMC 1.0.0.73

Just wanted to say that I also have an empty SCHEDULE screen

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about this. Can you please provide an Emby Server log? Instructions on how to do that can be found here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

krustyreturns

That's strange.  There was an interface change in emby that would cause this to happen, that's why I released an updated serverwmc plugin (1.0.0.81) to deal with this change.  But this version of the plugin is set to only get used with emby version is 3.0.9000 or greater.  @@Luke, do I have the version requirement set wrong?

He says he's running .73 which would be the correct version.

One way someone could get the wrong version would be if they installed a beta of the server and then went back to stable.

krustyreturns

But .73 is not the right version if he is running a version of emby with the tv interface change, which I thought was 3.0.9000 or higher.  What he is describing is exactly what beta users were reporting before I released .81.  @@Noel-M feel free to post the serverwmc log and I can check if the schedule is being sent.

It looks like he's on the stable release which doesn't have the changes. But maybe he went back and forth and is now having issues due to that.

mjktg99

It looks like he's on the stable release which doesn't have the changes. But maybe he went back and forth and is now having issues due to that.

I was on beta pretty much exclusively but about 1 month ago switched to stable.

Ok yea in your case we don't recommend switching back and forth between release channels using the same emby server installation, although that's probably not related here.

krustyreturns

I need the serverwmc log (see debug tab), make sure you post the log after emby has queried data from serverwmc.

krustyreturns

From the serverwmc log:

2016/11/14 09:14:53.759 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@BUSTER@|::1|GetTimers
2016/11/14 09:14:53.759 GetTimersCached> Cached timers[52] returned to 'Emby^BUSTER' in 0.00 sec
2016/11/14 09:14:53.759 Finished request GetTimers in 0.00s

The above says it returned 52 timers (upcoming scheduled recordings) to emby when it requested them.  So I am sticking with my idea that you are actually running emby's new tv interface even though that's not supposed to be the case.  If you want to test this, download the emby beta and then you'll get serverwmc plugin version 1.0.0.81, and I bet this problem goes away.  

I certainly understand why you'd rather not do this, but unless some emby guy can say why this is happening, its really all I can think of.  Disclaimer:  I am frequently wrong.

It might not be a bad idea. This could be a tough one to hunt down due to the absence of any visible error. if you do go beta just be aware that every plugin you have will be updated, so please just be patient through that process. Thanks.

I installed the beta and the problem is fixed.

Guys, you have a terrific product here - and I appreciate your effort to make things right.  Thanks.

I have some suggestions for minor improvements - you will see me again in other items.

• Like 1

Sorry guys - I spoke too soon.

Emby 3.1.222.0 and ServerWMC plugin 1.0.0.81 does fix the schedule problem, but I can no longer stream Live TV or recorded TV.  The screen is black - nothing happens.  The ServerWMC console thinks the streaming is occurring.

I have reverted back to 3,0,8500.0 and will wait for the next stable release.

krustyreturns

That's disappointing.  I put out a fix for this problem for the release version of emby, get version .74 of my plugin.

The beta requires a refresh of the guide before playback will function again. That's something we'll obviously make sure happens automatically when the changes move to the stable branch.

• Like 1