So Why Is There Both Live Tv/Recordings and Recordings Options?

bungee91

bungee91

We seem to have two ways to get to the same thing here, the Recordings entry on the top bar seems to be setup like a library share (which it is in the server), and then one within the Live Tv menu bar option labeled Recordings.

I like that the Recordings from the top bar has all entries grouped into folders (like library items of Tv shows are), and the Live Tv/Recordings is displayed as single episodes and can be quite messy (IMHO).

So the question, are we always going to have both?

If I were to be able to vote/make a suggestion I'd request it stay in LiveTv/Recordings (remove the top option), but have the view options of grouped, not grouped, recorded date, and original air date.

Also (and I've asked this before), I still don't see the scheduled icon in Live Tv (as seen in pic), am I supposed to have this option? I'd assume so at this point.

Thanks.

post-131141-0-34454400-1478005254_thumb.png

Edited by bungee91
  • Like 1

Not every emby app has a dedicated live TV recordings layout yet so having the server present it as a regular emby library is a good way to solve that.

bungee91

Not every emby app has a dedicated live TV recordings layout yet so having the server present it as a regular emby library is a good way to solve that.

Nice, but when everything aligns (apps) I'd assume then the library option will be removed?

If so, will the option for various views be incorporated into the one within the LiveTv section?

You also don't seem to like my request for confirmation on the Schedules icon..  :P   Am I supposed to have that, or not so much?

• Like 1

bungee91

It doesn't exist yet.

Thank you! Thought it may have been some configuration issue with previously using plugins for Live Tv, and an issue with my particular setup.