No option to play tunein channels

Vidman
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

Vidman

Version 1.2.69g of app with server .8300

Navigating to a station in the tunein plugin/channel within the app I have no option to play the station. The station works fine in the web client and if cast from web client to the ATV app ( tho when cast it seems to play as a video rather than audio)

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like he's saying there's no part button at all is that correct?

Correct and that will be the case if we cannot determine that the item is something playable.

Vidman

It sounds like he's saying there's no part button at all is that correct?

Yes correct in the ATV app there is no play button at all

I can't get TuneIn to work in the app at all.  Can't even get to an item as it keeps just presenting me with the folder options.

I see the exact same behavior in the web app.  This is on dev of server and Tune In version: 1.0.6145.21

• 4 weeks later...
Vidman

Updated the ATV app to latest beta and my tunein channels are playing as music as they should:)

Edit: but now I don't know how to get back to the player controls once backed out of the player controls to the home screen..... Sometimes there is a "now playing" item but selecting it only gives the options to add again to the queue or replace the queue.

Edited by Vidman

Vidman

In fact I can not see how to stop playback at all? I guess just pause and back out?

Edit ot and unrelated, when listing all movies by date added is there a way to change from ascending to descending?

Edited by Vidman

Updated the ATV app to latest beta and my tunein channels are playing as music as they should:)

Edit: but now I don't know how to get back to the player controls once backed out of the player controls to the home screen..... Sometimes there is a "now playing" item but selecting it only gives the options to add again to the queue or replace the queue.

Is there not a little "bug" at the top of every screen you can move up to and select to bring you back to the player interface?

Edit ot and unrelated, when listing all movies by date added is there a way to change from ascending to descending?

This is an issue with the current server.  It should already be sorting descending.

Vidman

Is there not a little "bug" at the top of every screen you can move up to and select to bring you back to the player interface?

It seems every screen....except the home screen. Can the now playing row that appears not have the option to show the player controls/playlist screen? It seems the current options available to replace queue and add to queue are a bit redundant for these items no? As they are already in the queue

This is an issue with the current server. It should already be sorting descending.

OK thanks Edited by Vidman

It seems every screen....except the home screen. Can the now playing row that appears not have the option to show the player controls/playlist screen? 

It should.  Must be a problem with that particular type (which was new and what was causing the initial issue).  If you load up regular songs, do you get different context menu options for those?

• Solution
Vidman

Ok installed the beta server with some music to test and all appears to be working great with release 1.3.10.

Btw I also added some audio books to test on the server, any plans to add audio book support in the android TV app?

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

Btw I also added some audio books to test on the server, any plans to add audio book support in the android TV app?

Thanks for the update.

Audio books are on the list but, honestly, pretty far down right now.  You really listen to an audio book on your TV...?

Vidman

Well I'd like to, ATM i can't ;)

But I was just wondering if you were thinking about it. Im not really that bothered.

Thanks for your reply

Edited by Vidman