Onedrive as source

denz

It would be useful if onedrive folders can be added as a source all my pictures are backed up to onedrive so it would be useful if they can be added to the library.

Thank you

• Like 6

• 11 months later...
hooray4me

Is this plugin still in the pipeline? I like the Google Drive plugin and it works well, but lets face it... no one is going to use it very much because Google only gives you 15GB of storage space for free...useless.

If you have an Office365 subscription, you get 1TB of space... that would be much for useful to me!  

maegibbons

It is "Luke speak" for

"dont hold your breath - its at the end of a very long list"

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

hooray4me

This doesn't help on a Linux server... and that won't help with remotely playing content directly from OneDrive via the app.

hooray4me

But this doesn't help me. The whole purpose of using the plugin with the server is to SERVE the content to Emby App using a SOURCE video file that is in the cloud. Lets say The Emby server is in Georgia and setup to be public facing. Now say I'm in another state with a firestick programmed to connect to the emby server.... without the Google drive or Onedrive plug in, If I choose a movie on the emby server, it will either direct play or transcode the local copy of the movie.

Now enters the Google Drive (or OneDrive) plugin. If I sync the same movie to the cloud, then when I choose to play the movie on the emby server, the plugin tells the client (the firestick in this case) to stream the video from the copy stored in the cloud, not from the emby server.

Many people use our server... these plugins solve an issue that we have no control over... network congestion during peak time usage on network hops halfway between the isps in Georgia and other states. Putting the source files in the cloud enables it to stream from closer servers.

So syncing the files without the plugin would only put a copy in the cloud, but not enable the emby app to be served form those files. 

hooray4me

Is this plugin still in the pipeline? I like the Google Drive plugin and it works well, but lets face it... no one is going to use it very much because Google only gives you 15GB of storage space for free...useless.

If you have an Office365 subscription, you get 1TB of space... that would be much for useful to me!  

You could try Google Cloud I have tested putting media in Google storage and playing from it, seems to work fine.

See Above.

You can pay for Google Drive as well, the same as if you would pay for Office365 subscription

Also you can just get Google Cloud Storage and its even cheaper then using Google Drive as they have storage tiers.

naeonline

Guys, his feature request is to add Onedrive as a source, no need to tell him to use Google drive. If he had wanted to he would already be doing that.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Google drive plugin is also not in .net core catalog.  Dropbox is currently the only cloud sync target available on new platform.

Krs

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...