Audio track based on codec?

pir8radio

pir8radio

Is there a setting I overlooked in Emby Theater to prefer an audio track based on codec?

For example I would rather the TRUEHD audio track play, but the movie was muxed with DTS-HD MA as default..  Just curious.

5814ef7349593_Screenshotfrom201610291321

Guest asrequested

There's no setting, but when you play the movie and choose one, ET should remember your choice next time. You can also do a quick remux, and change the default track. I've done that with some of mine.

Guest asrequested

When you rip a disc, are you able to choose the order of the audio tracks? I think my software will. I'll have to test that.

pir8radio

I can remux, I just was not sure if that would cause issues for other streamers, making truehd default.  I would guess not....   Only a hand full of movies are like this, so it shouldnt be too hard..

AdrianW

No need to remux - just use the header editor in mkvtoolnix to set the default track on your preferred audio track and clear it on the other, and save. That's significantly quicker than remuxing especially if it's a large file.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

pir8radio

No need to remux - just use the header editor in mkvtoolnix to set the default track on your preferred audio track and clear it on the other, and save. That's significantly quicker than remuxing especially if it's a large file.

Worked like a charm...  I don't usually mess with the internal workings of video files lol... I did not even know header editor would do what I was looking to do, Thx...

Guest asrequested

I've done that, too. I prefer changing the lineup. I'm a remuxing madman!  :blink:  :ph34r:  :wacko:  :unsure:  :P