Live tv client disconnects shortly after playing

mini__me

What is the source of your Live TV?

2016-10-29 12:53:59.1922 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://192.168.62.55:8080/description.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8300.0
	Command line: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The request was aborted: The request was canceled.

mini__me

Odd, HDHomeRuns are connected to the same physical switch as the PC running Emby.

I don't believe I have seen the same issue with the iOS clients or my Sony Android TV (which direct streams), I will do more testing over the weekend. Also I have no issues with recordings on the server.

dennyreiter

I'm having the same issue, also, again. I'll try to get logs uploaded this morning. Live TV will play all day on my Roku Stick, but both the Fire TVs stop after a few minutes.

Well for one I would update to the latest version of Emby Server. Since you're running pre-release that's going to be important as what you're getting is always a work in-progress. I would try that and then report back., thanks.

dennyreiter

Well 3.1.196.0 seems to be the last beta built for Ubuntu 15.10 on October 21. Would I be better switching back to Stable?

mini__me

Done some more troubleshooting this morning.

1. Started playing channel on Sony Android TV and left playing (Direct plays from HDHomeRun tuner)

2. Started playing the same channel from FireTV (Transcodes though used to direct play)

3. Checked HDHomeRun tuner status - only single tuner from the four available over the two HDHomeRuns is in use, so both FireTV and Sony TV are streaming from the same HDHomeRun and tuner.

4. FireTV playback stops, Sony TV carries on playing the channel.

Although you say you are seeing some disconnects in the previous log, the fact that the SonyTV continues to play the channel suggests that it is not related to a network connection issue.

Also as above I have no issues with recordings from the HDHomeRuns made by the Emby server, all recordings are complete again suggesting that there is no issue from the HDHomeRun to the server for streaming the recordings.

Sony TV is connected over WiFi with the FireTV over ethernet.

Server.rtf

transcode1.rtf

transcode2.rtf

Edited by mini__me