ThemeVideo Backdrops plugin - video sporadic

hinsdale1

hinsdale1

Using ThemeVideo Backdrops in Mediabrower 3 Classic (chocolate theme) and really like the idea.. but having issues with the video playing inconsistently. Some movies detail pages, the trailer automaticlly starts and plays normally (love it), others the trailer starts and then the video cuts out after 10 seconds, or 20 seconds (audio continues but background goes blank - no backdrop), sometimes the video never starts and you just get the audio. 

It also varies depending upon the direction navigating.. when scrolling through the movie detail pages from left to the right, the trailer video might not work (video cuts out), but if navigating to the same movie detail page from the left, then the trailer plays fine?

Any thoughts are welcomed! :D

(I updated all of my video/audio codecs to try to correct - which was a mistake but once resolved even with updated or using alternative codecs, I had same issues)

Edited by hinsdale1

Cheesegeezer

Using ThemeVideo Backdrops in Mediabrower 3 Classic (chocolate theme) and really like the idea.. but having issues with the video playing inconsistently. Some movies detail pages, the trailer automaticlly starts and plays normally (love it), others the trailer starts and then the video cuts out after 10 seconds, or 20 seconds (audio continues but background goes blank - no backdrop), sometimes the video never starts and you just get the audio. 

It also varies depending upon the direction navigating.. when scrolling through the movie detail pages from left to the right, the trailer video might not work (video cuts out), but if navigating to the same movie detail page from the left, then the trailer plays fine?

Any thoughts are welcomed! :D

(I updated all of my video/audio codecs to try to correct - which was a mistake but once resolved even with updated or using alternative codecs, I had same issues)

Hello mate, 

Can you supply log of MBC (not configurator log).  What other themes do you have installed?  What Codec Pack are you using? can you supply a screenshot of your configuration page.  What version of MBC are you using.

Thanks

hinsdale1
Well gday to you too Mate!

Sorry, newbie so patience is requested:

1) hoping the attached is the log you are looking for?

2) The codec pack - current Shark007 32 and 64bit with recommended settings (except ac3 filter enabled)

3) I have the Diamond and Chocolate themes installed.

4) As far as configuration screen, not exactly sure how to take a screen shot unless i minimize somewhat WMC and use the Win snipping tool? Do you just you mean the first page (General setup) or the Options pages?

server-63525823550.log

Cheesegeezer

Well gday to you too Mate!

Sorry, newbie so patience is requested:

1) hoping the attached is the log you are looking for?
2) The codec pack - current Shark007 32 and 64bit with recommended settings (except ac3 filter enabled)
3) I have the Diamond and Chocolate themes installed.
4) As far as configuration screen, not exactly sure how to take a screen shot unless i minimize somewhat WMC and use the Win snipping tool? Do you just you mean the first page (General setup) or the Options pages?

No probs mate, patience I have plenty of ;)

Can you try and play the theme video files in WMP. This may prove that it's not just WMC having issues.

To be honest I would uninstall Sharks codecs (They are not a very user friendly pack and actually require a good knowledge of filters to get it working well) and install LAV filters - Great for peeps new to codecs.

Try the codecs solution above first then if that doesn't fix it do the following

The log i'm actually after is for MediaBrowser-Classic and not the server. 

if you navigate to C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs this is where you will find MBC logs, make sure you grab the latest one.  The "ProgramData" folder is actually a hidden folder so if you can't see it in your C drive, you will need to show hidden folders in your folder options.  Google if you don't know how to do this.

Cheers

hinsdale1

The newest Shark007 pack default suggested config is using the LAV filters (I actually am pretty good with the filters so prefer having lots of options at my disposal).

The trailers ALL play fine in WMP and just fine in WMC when started using the MBC standard play "trailer" button on the movie details page - so doesnt seem like an issue with WMC. The issue is -  with the exact same trailers - playing on the exact same movie details page - but when they are autoplayed by the VideoTheme backdrop plugin they become an issue. It seems more like an overlay issue - sort of like layers in photoshop.. .. like full-screen overlay works fine but when the trailer is overlayed as a background in the details page it is losing the video at times sporadically?

I am away from computer but will upload the log file in a little bit.

THANKS SO much!

Edited by hinsdale1

Cheesegeezer

o

The newest Shark007 pack default suggested config is using the LAV filters (I actually am pretty good with the filters so prefer having lots of options at my disposal).

The trailers ALL play fine in WMP and just fine in WMC when started using the MBC standard play "trailer" button on the movie details page - so doesnt seem like an issue with WMC. The issue is -  with the exact same trailers - playing on the exact same movie details page - but when they are autoplayed by the VideoTheme backdrop plugin they become an issue. It seems more like an overlay issue - sort of like layers in photoshop.. .. like full-screen overlay works fine but when the trailer is overlayed as a background in the details page it is losing the video at times sporadically?

I am away from computer but will upload the log file in a little bit.

THANKS SO much!

Sorry in my tardy reply, I'm still shifting timezones after being on nightshift, so had an early night.

Right there is only a couple of  tests left to do.

1. that is to check your config within MBC. And chocolate config that you have your NPV (Now Playing Video) settings correct.  Look at the screenshot below and in the center column and check that your settings are the same.  Below is the configuration page for the plugin, it doesn't really matter how you have that configured.

Screenshot2014-01-21043638.png

Screenshot2014-01-21044217.png

Well i've had a good play with Chocolate this morning and I can't get it to break with the Themevideo backdrops plugin.

I just want to check that your NPV screen looks something like this.

Screenshot2014-01-21044842.png

Thanks for any further information.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

hinsdale1

Okay here is the log:

For example using the right "next" arrows to navigate between movie detail screens, the trailers auto started for each movie upon loading the page but some had issues. the Book Thief trailer video cut out after a few seconds (audio continues), the Kings of Summer trailer did not display video (audio always plays for each) but when navigating back left using the arrows, the Kings of Summer trailer showed the video this time, although then dropped off the video after a few seconds. It seems to change which videos have issues each different time.

Appears to be overlay issue of some sort but I am clueless :) All the trailers play without issue if I use the actual play "trailer" button - only seems to present issues when the trailer is played automatically as a backdrop by the ThemeVideo backdrops plugin.

All help is appreciated :)

EDIT: oops, didnt notice your reply.

ANSWERS.. Yes my chocolate NPV configuration looks just like you have it. 

Yes, my npv screen looks just like yours 

MBClassic-2012014af44a07a1ab240e5aaeffca888237402.log

Edited by hinsdale1

Cheesegeezer

Okay here is the log:

For example using the right "next" arrows to navigate between movie detail screens, the trailers auto started for each movie upon loading the page but some had issues. the Book Thief trailer video cut out after a few seconds (audio continues), the Kings of Summer trailer did not display video (audio always plays for each) but when navigating back left using the arrows, the Kings of Summer trailer showed the video this time, although then dropped off the video after a few seconds. It seems to change which videos have issues each different time.

Appears to be overlay issue of some sort but I am clueless :) All the trailers play without issue if I use the actual play "trailer" button - only seems to present issues when the trailer is played automatically as a backdrop by the ThemeVideo backdrops plugin.

All help is appreciated :)

EDIT: oops, didnt notice your reply.

ANSWERS.. Yes my chocolate NPV configuration looks just like you have it. 

Yes, my npv screen looks just like yours 

OK, the log looks good. The plugin is working as it should and reporting correctly for all playstates.

I'm going to turn my attention to your NAS drive... 

How are you connected to the NAS? LAN or WIFI?

I'm assuming that all of your collections are on the NAS.

Is the SERVER and MBC on the same PC? 

If so, can you create a TEST collection on your MBC/Server machine in a local drive and copy over 2 or 3 Movie folders which have trailers/themevideos in and then launch MBC and go into your new test collection, and then into a movie to see it playing and see if the issue has gone.

Thanks for sticking with this.

hinsdale1

NAS is LAN (not wifi).

MB server and MBC on same PC.

Not exactly sure what you mean by start a new collection .. (remember newbie) but i did copy over some movies(/w trailers) from the NAS to a local folder (TEST) and created a new Media Folder (TEST) in my Media Library pointing to the local folder (TEST). The same issue occurred with the locally stored media trailers as occurs with the media folders stored on the NAS. 

hinsdale1

I have found a pattern if helpful:

Its every other video that has an issue.. . Regardless of which movie you start on, the first trailer will autoload and play fine... but when you hit the Next button to navigate to the following movie, the next movie's trailer will autoload and start but either drop its video after about 8 seconds (leaving only audio) - or will simply never display the video (will only hear audio). When you navigate to the next movie detail page, this one will work fine - the trailer autoloads and plays normally.. and so on.  SOme sort of RAM or buffer that is maxing out?

Edited by hinsdale1

Cheesegeezer

Yep that's what I meant you should do.

A collection is basically a.... Media Folder. Hmmmm I'm running out of ideas here.  

Can you try a couple of different themes for me.  Default(Classic depending on which version of MBC you are using) and subdued. For subdued you will need to download through MBC configurator (seperate application found under Mediabrowser in your windows start menu programs.

Try these out so I can rule out it being Theme specific.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

I have found a pattern if helpful:

Its every other video that has an issue.. . Regardless of which movie you start on, the first trailer will autoload and play fine... but when you hit the Next button to navigate to the following movie, the next movie's trailer will autoload and start but either drop its video after about 8 seconds (leaving only audio) - or will simply never display the video (will only hear audio). When you navigate to the next movie detail page, this one will work fine - the trailer autoloads and plays normally.. and so on.  SOme sort of RAM or buffer that is maxing out?

Aha.... Ok..... So you are not navigating through say coverflow, entering into the movie, then backing out to go back to coverflow, you are in the movie and moving to the next movie whilst inside the final movie details page.

hinsdale1

I tried other themes, classic and diamond. Both had same issue.. and same pattern.  When navigating from within the final movie details page between movies (using next and previous arrows):  Regardless of which movie you start on, the first trailer will autoload and play fine... but when you hit the Next button to navigate to the following movie, the next movie's trailer will autoload and start but either drop its video after about 8 seconds (leaving only audio) - or will simply never display the video (will only hear audio). When you navigate to the next movie detail page, this one will work fine - the trailer autoloads and plays normally.. and so on.  

Cheesegeezer

I tried other themes, classic and diamond. Both had same issue.. and same pattern.  When navigating from within the final movie details page between movies (using next and previous arrows):  Regardless of which movie you start on, the first trailer will autoload and play fine... but when you hit the Next button to navigate to the following movie, the next movie's trailer will autoload and start but either drop its video after about 8 seconds (leaving only audio) - or will simply never display the video (will only hear audio). When you navigate to the next movie detail page, this one will work fine - the trailer autoloads and plays normally.. and so on.  

Unfortunately there are limitation with what we can do with the WMC playback controller.  And I think the root of this problem lie with WMC.  The logs shows that it's playing when asked, stoping when navigating to next movie and playing when asked again. That's not to say I'll not take a look at it to see if improvements can be made.  

In the mean time, you avoid disappointment, you are best off, backing out of the details screen and navigating to the next movie via poster, coverflow, detail, etc.

• Like 1

hinsdale1

I see.. well hopefully when you look at it you are able to see an adjustment that might solve it :D . When trying to find a movie to watch, much more elegant to navigate thru the moves (and having their accompanying trailers autoload and play) using the next buttons rather than having to backout out each time, in order to advance to the following movie. 

I was hoping the every-other-trailer pattern would help pinpoint the issue :(

Edited by hinsdale1

hinsdale1

Sorry! I missed this thread altogether! Ill talk with @@Cheesegeezer about this when we next bump into one another on skype and see what we can come up with.

Excellent news, i'm sure this issue will be no match for your combined brilliance. Go radeon and Cheesegeezer!