Subtitle downloading issue

heula

I think there is an issue with the downloading subtitles option in the server. Lately it seems not all available subtitles are being downloaded. When I check for subtitles in Kodi I see often subtitles are available but they are not being downloaded by the server. No changes made by me in the options that before always worked. Maybe only the English subtitles are being downloaded but not the Dutch ones.

A few day ago I deleted the subtitlehistory.json file and after doing that a lot of new subtitles were downloaded but now it seems to be no longer working again.

See the images.

Capture_218.jpg

Capture_219.jpg

Folder with episodes

Capture_220.jpg

Settings

Capture_221.jpg

Server log

what activity did you perform during the time of this log? can you please discuss that? thanks.

I just started a new log and ran the subtitle downloading task. It finisht within acsecond and nothing was downloaded. What is not in the current log is that I just deleted the json file again and yes all dutch subtitles available were downloaded again. It seems there is a problem with that file?

If you like I can post the log file after deleting that json file.

This was added recently. When we search for subtitles, if nothing is found we store that in the json file and we won't try again for the same file for another 7 days. I'll lower this to 3 or 4 days.

If you want to know why, well I guess you can ask the other users who complained about it taking too long. Unfortunately it is difficult to keep everyone happy.

This was added recently. When we search for subtitles, if nothing is found we store that in the json file and we won't try again for the same file for another 7 days. I'll lower this to 3 or 4 days.

If you want to know why, well I guess you can ask the other users who complained about it taking too long. Unfortunately it is difficult to keep everyone happy.

Taking too long? I have no problem with that. I think it's more a problem the subtitle is not being downloaded when available. To get the results like before it seems I should delete the json file multiple time a day then. This task runs every hour for me. When a subtitle is not available, one hour later it can. Now I should wait for 7 days before it will try again. Seems odd to me.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Edited by heula