Quicksync On No Live TV Quicksync Off Works OK

Bert

I was thinking of buying a newer PC mostly for an updated processor and a discussion started.  I have gotten quicksync to work fine with my android tablet and phone but it still crashes Theater.  If I could get a good picture on Theater I could drop the attached WMC PC's to the Xbox One's.  With QS on, trying to watch live TV in Theater I get a spinning colored circle and a black screen expands but no video or sound.  I have the most updated driver for my HD 3000 integrated graphics.  The logs are available here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao2HmJdFTqZehY1qhxTwbqAJUHQEww

I could have swore last night it was, I looked at the dashboard but it was late LOL.  Today, I cannot get it to work.  Dashboard reports it as transcoding but no info and nothing happens.  Just tried a MP4 and it said Direct Streaming.  Lowered the stream to 1.0 Mbps to try to force transcode and got player error message.  Oddly at 4MBS it says it's direct playing.  I would think that would force transcode but played flawlessly on android tablet.

I think this is because there is no official Windows 10 driver for HD Graphics 3000.  The original thought was to buy a new CPU if it would fit my MB.  Then I saw a deal for $610 to my house shipped which I could always use a hard drive and would get a new processor and have another client; can always use another client :) .  The Windows 8.1 driver works but I am thinking this may be a limitation of it and not EMBY.  Not sure.

Guest asrequested

QuickSync in the server is only for transcoding not playback in apps. As I said in the other thread, Ffmpeg isn't supporting QuickSync right now, so it seems. It won't work for me either, with the same results. Dashboard says transcoding but won't play. For now, you'll have to turn it off. Hopefully Luke will get it working again, at some point.

Quick sync is a priority but it also an experimental feature and at this time we are not going to have the answers for every possible issue. That is why we are labeling it as experimental. A lot of the issues turn out to be related hardware, drivers, etc, which unfortunately are out of our control.

While I can understand and appreciate that it'd be nice as an end user to understand if there was anything in the logs. For now I actually figured out cranking up the RF results in a much better Live TV picture on Xbox One Theater. I set it to 16 and it didn't hiccup once and the picture was nice. At home almost everything else direct plays well now so maybe with this adjustment I won't even need QS. Also the network capable HDHomerun works a lot better then when I had it through Server wmc.