Would this make a good server?

Bert

Guest asrequested

That's a decent rig. If you're only using it for the server, just build it yourself. Forget the Radeon card and put windows 10 on it. Throw in a few more hard drives, too. Why won't QS work on your present rig? It doesn't work on mine because I'm running Beta, and the ffmeg build would appear not to support it. I have an i7 6700k, but it's plenty strong enough for transcoding. Explain more about your present issues.

With Quicksync enabled nothing will play since going to Windows 10. Handbrake works fine. I believe it has something to do with the Windows 10 driver for HD 3000. I've posted logs before but never got an exact answer likely because Quicksync is still deemed experimental.

PenkethBoy

Yep good strong processor the i7 6700 but if you go the build your own route get the K version so you can play and overclock if you need to :)

Not 100% sure of this without checking but is quicksync not disabled if you have a graphics card installed

But you do have to have a motherboard that supports the intel graphics - mid to high end boards usually disable it by default - like my Asus Sabertooth Z170 

Guest asrequested

Yep good strong processor the i7 6700 but if you go the build your own route get the K version so you can play and overclock if you need to :)

Not 100% sure of this without checking but is quicksync not disabled if you have a graphics card installed

But you do have to have a motherboard that supports the intel graphics - mid to high end boards usually disable it by default - like my Asus Sabertooth Z170 

That's a good point. Yes, the only way to enable QS is to enable the GPU by connecting the HDMI cable directly to the motherboard and not use any other GPU.

Guest asrequested

When on I get video error on emby android. Nothing will play... Turn it off all is well. Theater is the same

That sounds like mine. The issue is with ffmpeg, not your GPU. What server version are you running?

3.0.8300.0  Funny thing though I just tested it again and it worked.  It's worked before randomly though just not consistently.  I did get a new driver but thought I tested after that.  Guess I can hold off for a while and see if what I have can hold me over.

Edit: Live TV still doesn't work

Edited by Bert

Guest asrequested

3.0.8300.0  Funny thing though I just tested it again and it worked.  It's worked before randomly though just not consistently.  I did get a new driver but thought I tested after that.  Guess I can hold off for a while and see if what I have can hold me over.

Edit: Live TV still doesn't work

Post a screenshot of the settings you're trying

Happy2Play

I would open another topic specific to your issue and post your logs.

PenkethBoy

as that m/b has monitor ports then it will support intel graphics and by default qS - as you  said handbrake works

Yeah actually after the one TV fail everything is working fine on android. Theater gives me color spinning circle and black screen. I'll start a new topic tomorrow and see if I can provide clean loss. Be happy to keep my $600.....

Guest asrequested

Yeah actually after the one TV fail everything is working fine on android. Theater gives me color spinning circle and black screen. I'll start a new topic tomorrow and see if I can provide clean loss. Be happy to keep my $600.....

In theater, I use DXVA2Copyback

In theater, I use DXVA2Copyback

How? Is there a setting for this in Theater? I am so close now to having Emby rock. If I could get a good Live TV picture through Xbox One Theater I could lose the computers I have attached to them which would be awesome as I need a client elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I know all hardware transcoding is experimental but are any further along than the others? I max out my cpu if there's more than one stream and was thinking maybe I could add a graphics card to solve the problem.