Please Allow Users To Clean Up The Home Page

Heckler
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Heckler

Could you please allow us poor little users to set up our home pages as we see fit... without being FORCED into showing items that are redundant, not used and just plain annoying as they get in the way and ruin the look.

I am of course talking about the fact we are subjected to the following items that cannot be removed/hidden at all... the big red X might give you a clue to which ones.

embyhomepage01.JPG

Those last two are completely and utterly useless to me... Folders is nothing more than a repeat of all the folders currently displayed on the home page + the collections one... which is ALSO displayed on the home page for some bizarre reason too.

I simply want them gone... NO MORE... NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN please... Because they nothing more than an eyesore.

Whilst we're at it... why, oh why, oh why, oh why... are we forced to see this when clicking Trailers..

embyhomepage02.JPG

I only want trailers... I don't want archived ones because the quality is crap, not interested in upcoming on dvd/bluray or on netflix... I just want trailers from the home screen like it used to be without adding extra hoops to jump through.

and don't get me started on the media centre client... where you can't even have trailers displayed at all unless you want to suffer through collections and so forth which cannot be removed either... and are just another eyesore that clutters up the place.I already have my movies displayed in HD & DVD folders, complete with boxsets showing, I even have the Movies by Genre too for everything... Why I need to be forced into having yet another one just for the collections already contained in the other folders is utterly redundant and pointless.

I want to see only those items that I choose... not those that are being FORCED upon users in an Either NONE OR ALL situation.

It never used to be like that... and it's an issue that I've been raising for a very long time now... but no one listens to any ideas that dare to be critical of poor design choices or those that overrule user choices.

Edited by Heckler

• Solution
Happy2Play

Collection and Folder view can be removed by going to Dashboard-Library-Display.  Setting has just moved but has always been available.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

Heckler

Collection and Folder view can be removed by going to Dashboard-Library-Display.  Setting has just moved but has always been available.

Well bugger me.... That's the first time I've seen that option... It must have been a newish addition... they do listen after all.   :)

Apologies for the rant... Had no idea it had been changed... after all the hassle resolving metadata issues these last few days, I loaded the home page, saw them and it got my back up again.

Second bit regarding trailers still stands though.   :)

Edited by Heckler