ServerWMC on win 10

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

I am getting error when trying to run Serverwmc on windows 10 (I have installed the WMC hack and it's working fine, has all channels and guide data ready) just need to get Serverwmc running. Has anyone been able to get Serverwmc running on windows 10?

krustyreturns
The problem you are seeing is due to our installer not recognizing the dll versions that got installed in wmc. I don't why this error happens on some systems and not on others.  You can can fix this by hand editing a file inside of the serverwmc project directory. Go to the serverwmc install directory and edit the file: ServerWMC.exe.config in a text editor. 

Inside the file, everywhere you see:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.0.0" newVersion="6.3.0.0"/>

change it to

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.0.0" newVersion="10.0.0.0"/>

Then save the file and restart serverwmc.

Edited by krustyreturns

PrincessClevage

The problem you are seeing is due to our installer not recognizing the dll versions that got installed in wmc. I don't why this error happens on some systems and not on others. You can can fix this by hand editing a file inside of the serverwmc project directory. Go to the serverwmc install directory and edit the file: ServerWMC.exe.config in a text editor.

Inside the file, everywhere you see:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.0.0" newVersion="6.3.0.0"/>

change it to

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.0.0" newVersion="10.0.0.0"/>

Then save the file and restart serverwmc.

Great, thanks this worked and now have full WMC intergration on windows 10

Not sure if this helps the understanding of the install error but I performed and upgrade from win7 to win 10 by mounting the ISO in win7 but I selected do not keep any files or settings.

krustyreturns

There is now a fix for this particular wmc configuration in win10.  It will be in the next preview release of serverwmc.  Thanks to @@PrincessClevage for helping me to debug it.

Edited by krustyreturns