Audio Description

ra3ac

how do you disable audio description?

I have some channels that automatically play audio description in Emby Theatre, but play fine in NPVR. I must be missing something, must be an option somewhere.

Yep,a lady explains each scene for the visually impaired.

Really want to love Emby Theater as the WMC addon rocked, but as I was having so many issues I upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 yesterday and screwed live TV.  Will need to do some digging before I get back to this issue.

FYI - Issues to date:

- Audio description

- Live TV channels take 30-60 seconds to load/change

- Web using Emby web, most playback (downloaded TV series) freezes 5 min before the end of show.  This was also the case prior to Emby Theater, so not a ET issue.

Now I have no guide in Emby but NVPR shows the guide and plays back live TV fine. 

When I get some time I will see what I can fix and then get back to this audio description issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Reinstalled everything and got live TV again. I still have the 30-60 second channel change and audio description on some channels with NVPR.

If I buy a HDHomerun, what's the channels change times like and does DVR functionality work?

There's been talk of additional supported media formats coming to Xbox One so i think there's a good chance that will change in the future.