Emby recorded TV and MCEbuddy

Chuggy

I've been struggling to get my Emby recorded tv folder to properly convert in MCEBuddy. I have an HDHomerun Prime and would like to convert, remove commercials, and move to a folder for Movies (if it's a movie) and TV Shows (if it's a tv show). Mcebuddy has custom renaming paths that i had working with WMC, but now mcebuddy cannot match the meta data from Emby recorded shows.

I've looked at the logs and confirmed it's not finding the data, is there a setting I'm missing? I've checked the box that says download meta data for TV movies, and that doesn't seem to have done anything.

I Read through that post and posted similiar question, but i think i'm more interested in how recorded TV MetaData is stored. Recorded shows/movies do not appear to have any embedded meta data, but Emby downloads and puts it into a folder. 

Is there a setting that will embed the meta data into the recorded file? In the current system once a show is converted and moved to my movie folder it leaves the images and meta data file behind, and then creates a new one in the new folder.

Guest asrequested

I Read through that post and posted similiar question, but i think i'm more interested in how recorded TV MetaData is stored. Recorded shows/movies do not appear to have any embedded meta data, but Emby downloads and puts it into a folder. 

Is there a setting that will embed the meta data into the recorded file? In the current system once a show is converted and moved to my movie folder it leaves the images and meta data file behind, and then creates a new one in the new folder.

There's nothing to embed, but if you're only worried about the metadata being separated when the file is moved, you can have your metadata saved all in one place. 

58105a1b21149_Snapshot_331.jpg

Its not as much the separation as the duplication. Currently my recorded TV drops into a folder monitored by MCEBuddy, Emby then drops meta data info to each recording. Based on the data the file is converted, stripped of commercials, and moved.

The problem is that in order for MCEBuddy to move a movie to the movie folder, and TV show to a TV show folder it needs Meta Data. In order to have Emby add metadata it needs to be in my library. Once MCEBuddy moves the file it leaves the metadata, and emby adds new metadata files to the new folder.

Guest asrequested

I'm not familiar with MCEbuddy, so I'd have to defer to others on this. The thing is though, when the file is edited it has to be rescanned. So I don't know if that would be an issue with embedding the metadata.

Edited by Doofus

In media center the meta data was contained in the file. Emby it's a separate file. I'm trying too hard to make things exactly how they were. I Thought maybe I was missing a setting or something simple.

Guest asrequested

In media center the meta data was contained in the file. Emby it's a separate file. I'm trying too hard to make things exactly how they were. I Thought maybe I was missing a setting or something simple.

You aren't missing anything. Presently, here are the options in the library settings:

581aae468466c_Snapshot_349.jpg

Couldn't you ask mcebuddy to support reading the contents of the nfo? Nfo is a widely used format, nothing proprietary on our part. I don't think that would be too difficult.

MceBuddy will read NFO files by default. The issue is that Emby adds the NFO file to my recorded TV folder (which is needed to convert and separate movies from TV Shows) then MCEBuddy converts and moves video files, leaving the NFO file behind. Emby then picks up the new file location and adds the NFO file to the new folder.

My 2 issues are when MCEBuddy picks up the file to convert before Emby drops the NFO file in it cannot decipher if it's a movie; and that when it does do it correctly it leaves the original file behind in the recorded TV folder.