Latest Music not showing new Albums

RedBaron164

RedBaron164

I added 4 new albums from 2 different artists today and only 1 of the new Albums showed up in Latest Media. When I browsed to Albums and organized by Latest Added only that 1 album was showing up.

I tried renaming the folders and re-adding them but nothing resolved it. I ended up removing the entire Music Library, cleaning the database and re-adding the Library. Now the Albums are showing up under the Albums view but still, only one of the Albums is showing up under Latest Media/Music

I have them organized liked this:

\\server\music\Artist 1\(2015) Album\

\\server\music\Artist 1\(2013) Album\

\\server\music\Artist 2\(2016) Album\

\\server\music\Artist 2\(2014) Album\

I've re-arranged the folder structure for these and it doesn't appear to help. I have other Albums organized this way and it hasn't been an issue before.

Has anyone else run into issues with new albums not showing up in the latest media view?

I added the latest server log for reference.

server-63612905561.txt

If you look at the date added using "Edit information" for the album that doesn't show, what does it say?

RedBaron164

They show today's date 2016-10-24. Something I just noticed, for the admin account they all show up under Latest Music fine but not my normal user account.

RedBaron164

Parental control is not enabled, my normal user account shows different albums as being the latest added.

I just went back and tried adding one album, scanning library, adding another album, scanning library but it's still not showing them in latest music for my main account.

What I've also noticed is that after I add the albums into the library, while the library scan is running I briefly see the albums listed under latest without album art. But then as the library scan finishes the albums are removed from latest.

It's almost acting like these albums have been played and are no longer listed under latest. Except that several other albums that are listed under latest have been played.

9fa63389382ebda3af8b9f3817d1c0d4.jpg

Are you using "date scanned" too? Are there metadata xml/nfo files in the albums that already existed when you copied them back that you should have deleted first?

Edited by speechles

RedBaron164

I'm actually using File Creation Date, I also checked and there are no xml/nfo files in the directories.

Further twist, I was testing different apps and found that Ember for some reason is showing me the new Albums as I would expect. But neither the Emby Windows 10 App, Android or Web Interface show them.

Also, with Ember, the three albums that do not show up elsewhere shows check marks to indicate the albums have been listened to. So my guess is that those Albums may be the latest but are being marked as played so they don't show up. Even though I've removed and re-added them whatever keeps track of played items still considers them played and unlike video files I can't mark it as un-played. I'm going to grab another album or two and test this further.

RedBaron164

I understand, I think I have this figured out. I think removing and re-adding the library resolved one issue for me where the new music wasn't showing up under Albums. I added more music and the albums are showing up under latest music. I let one play through completely and then after refreshing the page, the album no longer shows up under latest music. So that piece looks like just normal operation.