NFO files created by Emby causing issue

ravingzeus

ravingzeus

Hi

I have Emby since couples of months, never take time to ask this question, but it's getting very frustrating

When I get some torrent files, sometimes the file is coming with a NFO file, when emby detect the media seems to create or modify the NFO file.  So the NFO files get corrupted and not recognixed anymore in my torrent program and can't be shared anymore. Myabe it's not NFO file, but it seems to per my torrent program.  When this happen, I have to force a reverification of my file in my torrent program, after that I need to restart the dowload for some part of files.  After a while, I get the file misiing error again.

Some files never do that, but some are.  I have 4 different hard drive and still the same on all, even from different torrent site.

Any idea?

Can I force emby to put his NFO file somewhere else, if yes, how and can I do it if my lybrary is already synch.

Thanks

Happy2Play

So you are having Emby process files that are still active?  Do you have Auto Organize set to Move or Copy?

And if a files comes with an nfo then Emby is NOT creating it.

Edited by Happy2Play

ravingzeus

Yes, file are still active.

I never used auto-organize?   I doNt, knwo if this is on by default, but "Activate auto-organization opf new episode" is not check and at the bottom it say Transfert mode: move.

What auto-organize is doing exactly, can this cause an issue?

If you've never enabled it then it's not being used. What you can always do is disable saving of metadata into media folders.

Happy2Play

So do you have a Library that is pointing to the same location as your active files?  If so then as Luke suggested turn that option off on that library.

Edited by Happy2Play

ravingzeus

If you've never enabled it then it's not being used. What you can always do is disable saving of metadata into media folders.

I'am assuming that I will have to do a full resynch and resynch all my Raspberry Pi kodi device, i have 4 device.

Will i loose my history, or metadata will only be transfert from a place to another?

Can you confirm?

Edited by ravingzeus

ravingzeus

So you are having Emby process files that are still active?  Do you have Auto Organize set to Move or Copy?

And if a files comes with an nfo then Emby is NOT creating it.

Just to let you know

I have torrent file that are coming with NFO and the NFO file date is changed to a newer date, so Emby is modifying this file for sure

Happy2Play

I'am assuming that I will have to do a full resynch and resynch all my Raspberry Pi kodi device, i have 4 device.

Can you confirm?

This will not affect any existing metadata.  Only new media added.

Edited by Happy2Play

ravingzeus

This will not affect any existing metadata.  Only new media added.

Is there a way to recreate all of them, or it will be too complicated?  Probably it is...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by ravingzeus

Happy2Play

Well you would have to delete all metadata and images that already reside in your library.  Then Rescan your library so Emby would store images in metadata\library folders and nfo information directly to the database.

ravingzeus

Well you would have to delete all metadata and images that already reside in your library.  Then Rescan your library so Emby would store images in metadata\library folders and nfo information directly to the database.

I will disable saving metadata to library folders for now and see how it goes.

Thanks

Edit: I just disabeled it and emby is rescanning, hope is not rescanning everything and move all the files, will see

Edited by ravingzeus