Offline Sync Location

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

I told Emby to sync a video and found out offline mode is still in the works. I read you can play the videos offline using VLC or other media players. I just can't find the location of the video. Where would it be stored?

• 2 weeks later...
AgileHumor

First, the default setting is blank.  There is no way to blank the setting except clearing all android data for that app.  The default location is hidden in 99% of app video file managers (including Emby selection) on the device...so once you change the setting (it won't work, see below)...and you can't get it back to the default Emby hidden directory which will.

So you will need something like ES File Explorer with the view hidden files shown.

Also, I've tried syncing on 4 different android devices (4.4+)...and if you select anything but the default location...it doesn't work.  If I store it on the internal storage "Movies" folder...or a MicroSD car...it won't sync.

Edited by AgileHumor

• 8 months later...

@@ThermoDust

@@AgileHumor

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

• Like 1