Can't play standard H264/AAC stereo videos since update

elenev
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

What??

That 1 refframe video. The curiousity if it plays on your nowtv. It was meant to refer to that since you said you would try it this weekend in you had time. I was merely reminding you.

CBers

That 1 refframe video. The curiousity if it plays on your nowtv. It was meant to refer to that since you said you would try it this weekend in you had time. I was merely reminding you.

Yes, you are correct.

I haven't had a chance this weekend.

Sorry Speechles :)

Yes, you are correct.

I haven't had a chance this weekend.

Sorry Speechles :)

You bas.. I mean its all good buddy. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CBers

You bas.. I mean its all good buddy. :)

I'm not even sure where my Now TV box is!

I'll find it and sort it out.

CBers

Doesnt you daughter have a roku 2 XS?

O_o *confused* lol

Did have, but I loaned it to a friend. She has my old Nexus Player now :)

Hello. I don't wanted to open a new thread for my issue. So i post it here.

I use Emby Server on Windows 10, the stable version (Version 3.0.8500.0 at the moment) and i use the Android Client on my phones and the amazon fire client on 2 amazon fire tablets (also tried the android emby beta client).

All worked fine. I record live tv and cut the recorded files, then i use a windows program called handbrake to convert the mpeg2 (ts) recorded files after cutting them into a mpeg4 (h264) video file. All worked fine and all emby and kodi clients i use on different devices played the converted mp4 files without any problems.

Now i found/have an issue. handbrake offers an option to optimize the mp4 files it creates for web playback. there is an option called "Web optimized". Since i use this option all android based clients do not play those converted mp4 files anymore with the android emby clients internal player/playback. the converted mp4 videos just stop playing instantly after opening them. if i configure the android clients to use an external player (in my case i use vlc) the files are playing fine. I read about this handbrake feature called "web optimized" mp4 files and from my understanding it writes the video info @ the beginning of the created mp4 video file to grant better web playback for example with html5 players. moving forward or backward in those video files should be faster and better and the videos should begin to play faster, because the informations are saved in the beginning of the video files. after reading this i always set "web optimized" option for my last conversions in handbrake. since i am doing this all created mp4 files do not play in the emby android/fire clients anymore without using an external player. is there anything you could do that those "web optimized" mp4 files play fine within the android clients, without using an external player? playing those web optimized videos with my kodi clients, the emby web client, the emby xbox client and by using an external player is no problem at all. Only the emby andoird clients have this problem.

thanks so far!

Edited by cybe

Hello. I don't wanted to open a new thread for my issue. So i post it here.

I use Emby Server on Windows 10, the stable version (Version 3.0.8500.0 at the moment) and i use the Android Client on my phones and the amazon fire client on 2 amazon fire tablets (also tried the android emby beta client).

All worked fine. I record live tv and cut the recorded files, then i use a windows program called handbrake to convert the mpeg2 (ts) recorded files after cutting them into a mpeg4 (h264) video file. All worked fine and all emby and kodi clients i use on different devices played the converted mp4 files without any problems.

Now i found/have an issue. handbrake offers an option to optimize the mp4 files it creates for web playback. there is an option called "Web optimized". Since i use this option all android based clients do not play those converted mp4 files anymore with the android emby clients internal player/playback. the converted mp4 videos just stop playing instantly after opening them. if i configure the android clients to use an external player (in my case i use vlc) the files are playing fine. I read about this handbrake feature called "web optimized" mp4 files and from my understanding it writes the video info @ the beginning of the created mp4 video file to grant better web playback for example with html5 players. moving forward or backward in those video files should be faster and better and the videos should begin to play faster, because the informations are saved in the beginning of the video files. after reading this i always set "web optimized" option for my last conversions in handbrake. since i am doing this all created mp4 files do not play in the emby android/fire clients anymore without using an external player. is there anything you could do that those "web optimized" mp4 files play fine within the android clients, without using an external player?

thanks so far!

Hi, thanks for the report ! Do you have a small sample you can provide for testing?  Thanks !

Hi, thanks for the report ! Do you have a small sample you can provide for testing?  Thanks !

For sure. I created two samples for you - one with the web optmized option enabled and one without. I try to send a PM to you.

Great, thanks.

Sorry for my stupid question. How do i send those two samples to you? i do not find a possibility to attach a video file to the PM. I could load the two video samples to my amazon cloud drive and give you the links. But i don't know if the videos are "original" or changed/compressed/converted by amazon in any way if i upload them to the cloud drive.

EDIT:

Okay found the option Attach Files at the bottom of the PM. Autsch. Only took a look in the TOP options....

EDIT #2:

I sent you a PM with the two video samples attached ;-)

Edited by cybe

Sorry for my stupid question. How do i send those two samples to you? i do not find a possibility to attach a video file to the PM. I could load the two video samples to my amazon cloud drive and give you the links. But i don't know if the videos are "original" or changed/compressed/converted by amazon in any way if i upload them to the cloud drive.

EDIT:

Okay found the option Attach Files at the bottom of the PM. Autsch. Only took a look in the TOP options....

EDIT #2:

I sent you a PM with the two video samples attached ;-)

@@cybe I can reproduce the issue with the web optimized files but i have not gotten to the bottom of it yet.

@@cybe I can reproduce the issue with the web optimized files but i have not gotten to the bottom of it yet.

@@Luke it would be great if you get to the bottom of it and find out what's causing the problem. thanks for looking into it and it would make me happy if we get a solution for this problem sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

@@Luke any progress getting to the bottom of it? Is a solution in sight? The Emby Android client on my phone (i'm using the beta client at the moment) had some updates and the problem/behavior with the "web optimized" mp4 files created with handbrake (i sent you the samples) still exists.

Edited by cybe