Refresh Channels – Cache?

taylorbourne
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

taylorbourne

Just curious how the "Refresh Channels" function works?

My provider updates my channel list about every 15 minutes, and I have changed my Emby settings to refresh the channel list on the same 15 minute interval. The reason it needs to refresh so often is they add new channels for live sports about 15 minutes before the start of each game. Today I was watching their channel list, even downloading it every once in a while to check for the new channels, and I noticed that when the channels for tonights NHL games were added, Emby did not pick them up. I went in and manually did a refresh – and checking the logs, it seems like the new channels were picked up. However when I went to the channel list inside of "Live TV", the channels did not appear.

Seems like it took me hitting refresh channels, even initiating a guide refresh for the channels to appear. Anyway, just trying to get some understanding around how this feature should work and the results I should expect.

Thanks!

Edit:

In case it helps at all, here are the channels that were added that I wasn't seeing

2016-10-20 16:02:09.3761 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlana.torula.com", NHL Anaheim Ducks at Philadelphia Flyers Away 700pm EDT
2016-10-20 16:02:09.3771 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlphi.torula.com", NHL Anaheim Ducks at Philadelphia Flyers Home 700pm EDT
2016-10-20 16:02:09.3771 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlnjd.torula.com", NHL New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins Away 700pm EDT
2016-10-20 16:02:09.3771 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlbos.torula.com", NHL New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins Home 700pm EDT
2016-10-20 16:02:09.3783 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlsjs.torula.com", NHL San Jose Sharks at Pittsburgh Penguins Away 700pm EDT
2016-10-20 16:02:09.3790 Info App: Found m3u channel: 0 tvg-id="nhlpit.torula.com", NHL San Jose Sharks at Pittsburgh Penguins Home 700pm EDT

server.txt

Edited by taylorbourne

• Solution

Yea there are other internal caches that might be getting in the way of that. it will have to be reviewed for a future release, t hanks.

• Like 1