Password Enabled User Login for LAN Clients

stratumorien

stratumorien

I have recently enabled passwords for users on my EMBY server as it is visible to the world. I however have to enter this password on my shield each time.

- I tried the login behavior setting which does not resolve this. 

- I have also setup a PIN for LAN option which is better but still undesirable.

- I have also noticed that from my browser, "remember me" option does not function as I have to enter a password each time there as well.

Apologies if this is a covered topic, a quick search on the forum brought up a thread or two but didn't seem to provide a definitive answer on the topic.

Regards,

Brian

mastrmind11

I have recently enabled passwords for users on my EMBY server as it is visible to the world. I however have to enter this password on my shield each time.

- I have also setup a PIN for LAN option which is better but still undesirable.

- I have also noticed that from my browser, "remember me" option does not function as I have to enter a password each time there as well.

Apologies if this is a covered topic, a quick search on the forum brought up a thread or two but didn't seem to provide a definitive answer on the topic.

Regards,

Brian

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39930-disable-login-on-local-network-only/

What do you mean by "does not resolve this"?  What, exactly, happens if you set the app to automatically log in?  And, did you make sure the box to prompt for password is unchecked?

Based on that, it sounds like something is going on beyond this app.

stratumorien

"Did not resolve this"... simply my attempt at describing that login behavior settings did not seem to effect the requirement of a password at launch of the emby app on my shield. However at some point, for reasons I cannot explain, the app began launching into the desired account without authentication.

The web browser issue may be local security/privacy settings... (Cookies, password retention, etc.) No worries...

Thanks @@ebr