tv guide setup

bloodtaker

Koleckai Silvestri

You know. I don't use WMC or actually have equipment to record Live TV at the moment. However I was wondering if I could set up the plugin just for the guide itself. Wouldn't have to go to another site to get that then.

Deihmos

You wouldn't be able to do that because wmc has to be setup for live TV. You cannot setup wmc for live TV without the equipment. Get the Hdhome run prime and save on not having to rent a box from the cable company.

I could be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by Deihmos

gillmacca

Either that or one of our talented devs may be able to come up with a dummy tv tuner. 

I also would like access to the tv guide, but don't have a tv card

bloodtaker

The thing with the tuner guide is it is setup within location. WMC requires a tv tuner in the computer for it to work no work arounds.

As of right now they are using ServerWMC which requires WMC with a tuner for it to work.

NextPVR require a tuner to get the epg as well.

You can get a cheap tuner for around 25 to 50 bucks now.

NewEgg TV Tuners

KWorld UB435-Q USB ATSC TV Tuner Stick 25.99 on newegg they work really well.

you would still need either ota tv or cable tv. ota is free basically rabbit ears antenna cable is of course cable

wmc thus serverwmc would only show station that are avaliable to you.

mentasm

I've been digging around for TV logos for Australia.  FInding it hard to find nice large logo files that will look nice in the web interface.  When I get home I'll post the best links I found so far.  Found some links on media portal site, wikipedia and on the overclockers.com.au forum.  I was using a small program called My TV Logos which grabs logos for most of the common Aus stations, but they are quite small (96x96 I think)

bloodtaker

I've been digging around for TV logos for Australia.  FInding it hard to find nice large logo files that will look nice in the web interface.  When I get home I'll post the best links I found so far.  Found some links on media portal site, wikipedia and on the overclockers.com.au forum.  I was using a small program called My TV Logos which grabs logos for most of the common Aus stations, but they are quite small (96x96 I think)

get me a list of your stations and ill see if i can either make some or find some in higher quality for you

bloodtaker

126 x 42 is not large logo inside the web site it would look rather small the ones i do are at least 400x200ish 400 is the width the hight is adjusted to keep aspect ration. I usually start out at 2000x what ever the aspect ratio of that logo is so it keeps it nice and crisp and clear

bloodtaker

Manually I took large formated png images of the logos and downsized them where they were no more than 400 pixels wide hight depended on the aspect ratio of the logo